ID:779018

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Adding of a pixel_x,Y feature to maptext itself.
(Not the object, the maptext.)
Useful for positioning text so it doesn't do this:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've tried various ways to position and place maptext with CSS and haven't been able to come up with anything that works.

And it seems neither can anyone on the help board.

The only way that was suggested to me also failed, I'm thinking that perhaps Epic also doesn't use background menus for this very reason.
I think being able to import a .css file of your own into a control's Style would be great. That way you could manage the style easily without having to scroll through the CSS in that little window. As an added bonus, I can use Notepad++ to manage my CSS, which I find a lot easier.

Also, maptext appears to not be compatible with the padding property in CSS. I can use div's and modify them, but trying to use the padding property doesn't change the positioning at all. Being able to do this instead of manually changing it around in the game's code would be much easier.
Just thought I'd point out that you have the stamina and energy katakana the wrong way around.
In response to Murrawhip
Murrawhip wrote:
Just thought I'd point out that you have the stamina and energy katakana the wrong way around.

I tried messaging him about this... with odd results.
In response to Complex Robot
Complex Robot wrote:
Murrawhip wrote:

I tried messaging him about this... with odd results.

LOL not odd results. I just didn't understand what you meant... because you didn't say it like that.
For now as a workaround, you should be attaching the text to an invisible object that's independent of the background, which will allow you to offset text at a pixel-level without moving the background.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
For now as a workaround, you should be attaching the text to an invisible object that's independent of the background, which will allow you to offset text at a pixel-level without moving the background.

I may give that a shot. I'll have to rewrite a few things.
Falacy had mentioned wanting offsets as well. Margins might be just as good in this case, and are something we already have parsing for. We'd just need to add support to the maptext output itself for that param.
*bump*