ID:782003

Keywords: 494, broke, byond
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 5.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
This typically applies to all of them. It happened on Dream Seeker, Dream Daemon, and Dream Maker. I close it out, or exit it or so, and the process still remains there(but hidden)- then I have to use Task Manager to close them. It's predominately Dream Maker, but on occasion has persisted to other programs like Dream Daemon(Which ended up using 80% CPU usage in the background)

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Open Dream Maker, close it.

Expected Results:
Close button ends process instead of hiding it.

Actual Results:
Program still persists in background.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Very often
On other computers? No clue

When does the problem NOT occur?
Sometimes it just doesn't. I have no idea why.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It worked FINE in 493

Workarounds:
Task Manager
This bug requires a test case to investigate. If you can pin down which games do this and under which circumstances it will help.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I open Dream Maker, I close it, and it continues to stay running in the background. This also extends to other tools such as Daemon, but it doesn't always happen.

There's what my task manager looks like once I open up dream maker and close it, and there's no other process of dream maker open. I tried reinstalling BYOND, deleting the BYOND folder located in my documents, and deleting varies application data that may have been interfering. Seeing as how this doesn't seem reoccurring with other people, it's probably just me. It doesn't happen with any other program but BYOND, though.

Oh, and when I'm launching dream maker, it isn't through a .dmb file, it's through the actual .exe. Then I close it out, and it reproduces those results on my end.
It is possible to write code that will cause dream seeker to forever stay open until the process is killed. It's also possible to cause dream maker to hang by locking up certain files in the project folder.
I've explained how neither is the case. Oddly enough, it turns out that this problem was corrected by updating Vista Service Pack 1 to Service Pack 2.
Your problem was clearly: using Microsoft Windows Vista.