Stranded

by Jittai
Stranded
A survival game that takes place in an archipelago with other people in the struggle to live.
ID:784252

Resolved
Vines are found in Larger-Trees and Grass. Specific tools increase find rates.
Applies to:

This issue has been resolved.
Make vines just a bit less rare or perhaps a substitute such as 12 leaves can be made into 1 vine?
Why exactly?
The vines are probably the most used item when i play and yet they take so long just to get one. Many of the new players would try repeatedly and believe they didn't even come from trees and would become frustrated and quit. I realize its supposed to be rarer than the other materials and provides some challenge but compared to the rest of the game it just seems a bit unecessary to be that rare. With the leaf substitution, it would provide a more practical use for leaves, which the player would be getting regardless when he/she attempts to find the vines.
The larger trees provide more vines than palm trees. Also grass provides vines.
With that said I'll check the ratios.

On top of that using specific tools raises the rates you find certain things.
I hadn't considered using different tools, but the rates i was going off of were the large trees. I don't think i've ever gotten a vine from palms.
Palms now give some vines, on a really low chance (as of one of today's many updates.)

Also grass gives vines as well.
It's always great to see your responses get answered, thanks for keeping up and all the hard work!