ID:78776

Resolved
Fixed in 451
BYOND Version:442
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 2.0.0.20

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Use of \n\n in a verb desc causes Seeker to enter some manner of infinite loop crash.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.) Create any verb.
2.) Give the verb a desc using a double-newline (\n\n) anywhere inside the string.
c.) Run the project and mouseover the verb in an info panel.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/verb/asplode()
set desc = "Mouse over me in an info control (default skin or otherwise) to see Seeker asplode!\n\nSeriously."
usr << "o hai"

Expected Results:
When I attempted this originally, my aim was to terminate the status bar text at the newline so I could have a separate "this is what this verb does" and "this is how to use it" text, the latter appearing only when the verb is executed, E.G.:

room/op/verb/Ban(t as text)
set category = "Room"
set desc = "Remove a player from the room.\n\nEnter keys to ban, separated by commas."
//remaining inconsequential code

Actual Results:
Dream Seeker memleaks and locks up.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Likely.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Unsure.

When does the problem NOT occur?
By not using a \n\n in the desc. It's a pretty minor "well if it breaks, then don't do it" scenario, but I figured I would be able to use newlines like in any other input. If any attempt to address this is made, perhaps a provision could be made where a character could terminate the text appearing in the status bar to allow what I was attempting above?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
442 was the first version I managed to explode Seeker in, then was tested by Fizzy on 446, then by myself again on 450 after updating.
Bug fix: Verb descriptions with a double \n caused Dream Seeker to enter an infinite loop.