It installed properly, but all versions seem to have the same effect.
Are you installing as an administrator? You can right-click and select that option when running the install file (may require a password).
In response to SuperAntx
Guess this problem cropped up again. Both Firefox and Chrome lead me to the installation page when I attempt to join a game.
In response to SuperAntx
This is from running the 495 full installer?
In response to SuperAntx
I believe so. The same method I described earlier seemed to fix it again, but Chrome still redirects to the download page.
In response to SuperAntx
And did you download this installer today, or did you have it from before? Because I made a change today that fixed a problem another user was having (although the solution didn't make any sense to me). The 495 installer should treat the registry entries the same as 493 now, so I don't really understand why it's breaking for you. To be clear, this is only when you run as a non-administrator, right?
In response to SuperAntx
I downloaded it shortly before making my post. Running in non-administrator mode wouldn't update BYOND at all.
In response to SuperAntx
So you are on a non-admin account, installing as administrator, and it works but fails to properly install the browser plugin. And reverting to the 493 full installer fixes this? I'm stumped, but I'll take another look.
In response to SuperAntx
I backed up everything and did a fresh install of Firefox to try and figure out what's going on. What I found was using the "find games to play" option on the final page of the BYOND installer would open my browser, ask to associate BYOND links with byond.exe, then open the last game I tried to play before I installed BYOND. I have it ticked "remember my choice" when associating BYOND links.

All other BYOND links work until I close Firefox and open it again. Once Firefox is restarted BYOND link fail to work until I reinstall BYOND again and use that "find games to play" link. Somewhere something isn't saving correctly.

This behavior was only repeatable with 495. As soon as I installed 493 BYOND links began working correctly even after restarting Firefox.
In response to SuperAntx
Ok, thanks for the info. Must be a permissions issue with the browser plugin for the new installer. I could swear I fixed that in this latest build but I guess not. I'll take another look and try the same tests.
In response to SuperAntx
I believe I have fixed this. If you can, please redownload and test the full 495 installer (from http://www.byond.com/download ) to confirm that it properly installs the plugin.
Tom resolved issue
This was an issue with the installer files from 494/495.
In response to SuperAntx
I did a registry restore awhile ago which caused this bug to happen once again. Clicking download links redirects to the download page. Oddly enough, byond:// links are still associated with byond.exe in Firefox so if I open them in a new tab rather than the current one the new tab opens BYOND properly.
In response to SuperAntx
I have no idea how this broke again but I think I fixed it. Please redownload 1144 and tell me if it does the trick.
Updated with 496.1144, it's all working now.
Page: 1 2