ID:801982

Keywords: irc
Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Referencing these two posts:
IRC Implementation
Combining BYOND and IRC

Basically, what I'd like to ask for is a way to accept IRC clients and commands similar to how Telnet is currently handled. I don't know completely how the IRC protocol works, but it'd be nice to have something as easy as the way client/Command() works now. (But for IRC instead of Telnet.)
I absolutely disagree with this. If we wanted to host an IRC server, we could simply use IRCd. There's no reason to host it via DD.
In response to DivineTraveller
But, I could make a game or whatever in BYOND, and people could join it through, Dream Seeker, telnet or IRC, and all these people could interact regardless of client.

It's not exactly about making a regular IRC server. It's about being able to connect to a BYOND game using any of the IRC clients out there. (Well, this is basically for text-based games, or games that could have a text-interface. Or something that allows you to access the chat of the game on its own. And also if the game is a chat room anyway, it would be convenient for many people to connect through IRC.)
IRC isn't for stuff like that, telnet is, and BYOND already supports telnet.
Also, for IRC you need to get an IRC client, and for telnet you tend not to, as in my experience it already exists on a command-line.

I don't see the use case for IRC here.
just do telnet :)

http://forbiddenduel.net/fight.html

one of my works in progress with it.
This is redundant IMO. BYOND is not an IRC client/server (though it may have been a client at one point, but that was more than a decade ago).
Nadrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
irc is a telnet format.

So you can already make an irc server, you just have to implement the protocol.