Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:807212

i like this update. keep up the great programming :)

when blue-ooze has Constants.TEAM_PLAYERS and the green-ooze is following the usr, if the green-ooze is attacked by the blue-ooze, the green-ooze will not stop to attack back but instead follow the usr. i think that the green-ooze should stop to attack anything that is attack it.

if the green-ooze is attacking the blue-ooze and the green-ooze is the first to die, the green-ooze will still attack the blue-ooze for a couple of rounds. this has been verified twice

the guard will follow a mob all the way to the bottom of the screen. maybe set the distance that the guard will walk from the starting position.

i know this was asked before, but how about that arrow showing up in battle. i realize that would call for some difficult programming but it would we nice to have included in the framework

how about the option to select what item to be crafted based on the amount of iron bars are in the inventory and the ability to fail at crafting depending on the craft skills.
Kalster wrote:
if the green-ooze is attacking the blue-ooze and the green-ooze is the first to die, the green-ooze will still attack the blue-ooze for a couple of rounds. this has been verified twice

The enemies shouldn't be able to attack each other, the framework sets the team var to Constants.TEAM_ENEMIES for all mobs of type /mob/enemy.

if the green-ooze is attacked by the blue-ooze, the green-ooze will not stop to attack back but instead follow the usr

Currently I think the enemies switch to target whatever mob was the last to attack them. Currently the sample game is made to show just what the framework provides. I'd like to add a more complex system that takes into account how much damage each target has dealt or how threatening each mob is, but this won't be for a little while yet.

i know this was asked before, but how about that arrow showing up in battle. i realize that would call for some difficult programming but it would we nice to have included in the framework

I'll see what I can come up with. I'd like to expand the set of visual effects the library provides. The arrow is a ranged attack but isn't the same as the fireball attack - it's not a projectile that can miss. Still, it'd be nice to have a graphical display of the arrow. I'm just not sure how to handle that since adding a graphical effect would have to delay when damage is dealt.

how about the option to select what item to be crafted based on the amount of iron bars are in the inventory and the ability to fail at crafting depending on the craft skills.

The crafting ability is just there to show that the framework contains procs that make it really easy to create these types of abilities. I'd like to focus on adding things to the framework itself before I worry about expanding the crafting abilities in the sample game, but this is definitely something I'd like to improve.

Thanks for the requests. Hopefully I'll keep making updates and you'll keep making suggestions! =)
In response to Forum_account
Kalster wrote:
Forum_account wrote:
The enemies shouldn't be able to attack each other, the framework sets the team var to Constants.TEAM_ENEMIES for all mobs of type /mob/enemy.
blue-ooze has team = Constants.TEAM_PLAYERS. this mob will attack the green-ooze. when one of them dies there will still be attacks to or from the died mob

Kalster wrote:
if the green-ooze is attacked by the blue-ooze, the green-ooze will not stop to attack back but instead follow the usr
Forum_account wrote:
Currently I think the enemies switch to target whatever mob was the last to attack them. Currently the sample game is made to show just what the framework provides. I'd like to add a more complex system that takes into account how much damage each target has dealt or how threatening each mob is, but this won't be for a little while yet.
no. what happens is that the green-ooze will follow usr while being attacked by the blue-ooze

yes hopefully, i will be here for a while to give suggestions. :)