ID:80866

Keywords: 2, christhesith, fable, turo
I played Fable 2, And I just thought the game was simply amazing! So, after playing it quite a bit', I decided "Hey, maybe I should make a RPG Game" and yeah, I'm planning to begin a new project, A Fable game for BYOND, If you have anything I should add to the game, comment Down there

v
v
v
v
v
v
Why would I play a 2D version of a crappy game when I can play the REAL crappy game?

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I would recommend making your own story and come up with something original.
OrdinaryOrangutan wrote:
Why would I play a 2D version of a crappy game when I can play the REAL crappy game?

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I would recommend making your own story and come up with something original.

Don't know why the crappy part was necessary, but, yeah, there's really no point in creating a BYOND version of Fable. Considering the limitations that any BYOND game is naturally going to have, any game you make NEEDS to rely heavily on originality and creativity, especially roleplaying games.
Fable 2 is crappy because of the ending.
OrdinaryOrangutan wrote:

I see what you mean, I just thought Fable had a great story line and I thought it would be fun to create something alike.
Christhesith wrote:
OrdinaryOrangutan wrote:

I see what you mean, I just thought Fable had a great story line and I thought it would be fun to create something alike.

I'm not telling you not to make it. In fact, forget what I said. When making games, you should always enjoy creating and playing it. So, go with your "heart".
Fable 2 had a great story line? Fable 1 had a great story line, but 2 sucked. Fable and BYOND wouldn't fit together.
OrdinaryOrangutan wrote:
Christhesith wrote:
OrdinaryOrangutan wrote:

I'm not telling you not to make it. In fact, forget what I said. When making games, you should always enjoy creating and playing it. So, go with your "heart".

I know you're not xP, But, thanks anyways.
Yammen wrote:
Fable 2 had a great story line? Fable 1 had a great story line, but 2 sucked. Fable and BYOND wouldn't fit together.

Hey, it was my opinion.
OrdinaryOrangutan wrote:

I'd have to agree. Byond lacks original concept. The fact that everyone would like to play clones of Naruto and Bleach games is discouraging, when you look at the amount of players, they'd rather play anything based on a popular anime, Byond needs to start being a bigger supporter for original games.

KeyWielder000 wrote:
OrdinaryOrangutan wrote:

I'd have to agree. Byond lacks original concept. The fact that everyone would like to play clones of Naruto and Bleach games is discouraging, when you look at the amount of players, they'd rather play anything based on a popular anime, Byond needs to start being a bigger supporter for original games.

Even if BYOND had a huge selection of new original games, it still wouldn't mean much. If BYOND had a few games that were worthy of being shown outside of this community, I think that would be great. Which is why I made a post of games I think would be great for BYOND.

But still, it's "Build Your Own Net Dream", if we want to see more original games we should stop talking and start creating.

People need to advertise more. Trying hard enough would surely get at least a couple more players.

Even if BYOND had a huge selection of new original games, it still wouldn't mean much. If BYOND had a few games that were worthy of being shown outside of this community, I think that would be great. Which is why I made a post of games I think would be great for BYOND.

But still, it's "Build Your Own Net Dream", if we want to see more original games we should stop talking and start creating.

I'm attempting to do something that will improve byond. It seems rather impossible, but I'm attempting to carry it out.
KeyWielder000 wrote:

I'm attempting to do something that will improve byond. It seems rather impossible, but I'm attempting to carry it out.

Do you mind giving out any detail?

Perhaps someone maybe able to help.

I'm still in the planning stages, but I want to rebuild the Byond Engine. Edit: Dreammaker Engine*

I'm attempting to get permissions, I'm working on a project over-view, and i'll be posting it on my site soon.
KeyWielder000 wrote:

I'm still in the planning stages, but I want to rebuild the Byond Engine. Edit: Dreammaker Engine*

I'm attempting to get permissions, I'm working on a project over-view, and i'll be posting it on my site soon.

Like I said, I wanted to make the game for fun, not for fame. I love your idea of making BYOND Original, the fact is, people make what they like. Like, Masterdan ("The Ladys man") Made Naruto G.O.A, Sabakunokira (Excuse me if I spelt it wrong) Made Death Note Online. My point is, BYOND is made of what people like and what they want to make.

KeyWielder000 wrote:

Like I said, I wanted to make the game for fun, not for fame. I love your idea of making BYOND Original, the fact is, people make what they like. Like, Masterdan ("The Ladys man") Made Naruto G.O.A, Sabakunokira (Excuse me if I spelt it wrong) Made Death Note Online. My point is, BYOND is made of what people like and what they want to make.

Why is BYOND plagued by people who see a cool game and think, gee, I should make a "BYOND version" game of that game.

Stop it. BYOND doesn't need more sad imitations.

You want to make a game like Fable for BYOND, then go for it. But don't try to remake Fable for BYOND.
Foomer wrote:
Why is BYOND plagued by people who see a cool game and think, gee, I should make a "BYOND version" game of that game.

Stop it. BYOND doesn't need more sad imitations.

You want to make a game like Fable for BYOND, then go for it. But don't try to remake Fable for BYOND.

I originally thought the same, but as I stated not to long ago "...it's Build Your Own Net Dream, if we want to see more original games we should stop talking and start creating".

Although, that last statement isn't geared towards you, as I do see you actively developing games. But if his net dream is to create an online Fable remake, so let him be.
Page: 1 2