[Bleach] Shinzui

by Cthulh
[Bleach] Shinzui
A Bleach once again in development.
ID:810336

After some... unsavory stories, I am going to take over hosting forever. Fortunately, I am now in such a position as to do this. Apparently my extended absence was unwise.

The hub password was changed, so all previous hosting files will not appear on the hub.

Saves were rolled back to May 20th.

Game version was rolled back to before Shinji/Albro1 started hosting.
Source code was recompiled with latest BYOND version (495.1136) to include client-side icon processing. Unforeseen bugs may result.

Will make some optimization and layout changes as time permits, but once again, I'm generally more in the mood to do new stuff.
I think you meant "495.1136". Don't forget about the maptext feature, it's really neat and easy to use!
Doh! I mean, 195.1136 isn't the latest version?? Shucks! lol

I took a bunch of notes on all the version history stuff I missed. Several things look very fun to use. :D
Hey, my character seems to have been deleted ( not by me ) Is there any way to get it back (the file was around before may 20) it was a level 2500 (or 3400 or some thing like that)vaizard which had the ability ( high enough stats) to be able to change in between all races in which i got the level and stats on my own time by training and not by cheating or someone boosting me. could u please look into it?
btw: i am a big fan of this game
For the first 12 or so hours the May 20th savefiles were being used.
Around the time of my above post (1:21am) the most recent savefiles from the server that was being hosted before I started mine were applied instead.

The more recent saves took precedence, and overwrote any of the old saves for the same keys.
I am sorry you seem to have lost a character, but I have a long standing policy of never "restoring" saves that are lost.

No more posts off topic will be tolerated.
I'm sorry if this seems off-topic... but I was wondering if you could fill us in on some updates you had planned? Like that "new stuff" you mentioned....
In response to Cthulh
oh last question
"overwrote any of the old saves for the same keys."

which means the same as my user name?
If so please add that in the rules...........just a request
My byond key is "Cthulh" so my savefile is "cthulh.sav"
I had a file in the May 20th saves. I did not have one in the new saves, so I was unaffected.

Bane's key is "UnholyBane", savefile "unholybane.sav" and I believe he had a file in both groups. So his old May 20th file is gone; replaced by his more recent file.

tl;dr If you didn't play since May 20th, you were unaffected.

Features:
Complete & fine-tuned staff control. Controlled by me.
-On/off for all admin powers.
-Detailed power-use logs.
-Stricter punishments for unnecessary power usage.
Improved ban functions & feedback to banned players.
-Easier to ban in general.
-Allows banned player to connect, but not interact with the game.
-Displays only a window with information about the ban.
--Duration, reason, how to avoid future bans, rules, etc.
-This allows for more frequent, shorter bans.
-I will occasionally review the active list for any ridiculous durations.

As for new content, I do not know how much time I can dedicate for that right now. The above I know exactly what to do & how, and it's backend stuff, so it's easier.

I've been wanting to get to this earlier in the week, but things cropped up a little at a time. And it's difficult to force myself back into coding at first. It gets easier though!
Okay, those sound like useful moderation features to have. Especially the part about information about whoever's ban because most games ban and they don't give proper information as to duration/ reason/ etc and it will also help with monitoring your staff for abusive behavior.
i would like to make a request zhug would you be able to help out with the disturbances of bane and xyrie they are being....how can i say.... they are abusing there powers saverly and i do wish you could help
My current priority is a complete overhaul of the staff setup. This would include finer-tuned action logs, ability of all players to report chat, soft-coded "staff position" settings (allowing me to remove/add powers without updates), improved ban controls (ban you for 10 seconds! and show you a special screen when you log in banned), and stricter rules on how staff can punish players.
However, this will also allow for more frequent (but shorter) bans.

In other news.
The server will be down for the rest of the day for software updates & to let it rest a little. If I can, I shall set up automated computer reboots every week or so. Not sure how automated I can make starting the server back up yet. :P
Pretty sure you can pop Dream Daemon into your Startup programs and use some sort of script to have it run the dmb.