ID:81217

Keywords: high, mitadake
I haven't actually bothered to look at it, but I am aware that there seems to be a rather poor attempt at a Mitadake High emulation floating around. Let me go ahead and clear up what I assume will be a few potential questions people might have.

1) No, I didn't okay it. Didn't even know about it!
2) No, it wasn't made using the source, as you can probably tell. I don't give it out, I don't consider giving it out, so it doesn't get out.
3) I don't really plan to do anything more than click the 'it's a rip' button if it's on the hub.

And I know a good portion of BYOND doesn't care and thinks that anime games deserve the worst sort of treatment and attention but quite honestly, Mitadake High doesn't have much in the way of anime dependency. It isn't based off an existing anime, the source was pain-stakingly coded by me over the course of several months, and if I were to sit down and remove everything anime about it, the game would have one or two less modes and a less interesting help file, but it would still be an entirely playable murder mystery game.

So please don't hate, yo.
If many click the 'its a rip' button BYOND staff deletes the hub entry or it auto deletes it I do not know which one.
I call the definition of rip into play here. I was under the assumption a rip was reusing someone elses source code to make a pathetic hardly changed clone of a game, slapping an epic name on it and changing the owner variable.

If this guy is simply knocking off your idea, can it really be a rip?
I think there's a strict difference between simply knocking off an idea and taking the name, icons, interface and general presentation of a game.

Certainly your example is the more common but is there really any difference? Not to me.
If he's taken your icons, that's a different story. (I should change the phrase from "source code" to "resources".)

Interface I'm undecided (seeing even the most colourful interface isn't that hard to recreate yourself). As for the name, that's just a kick to the crotch of the developer of the original game, not so much ripping as it is being a pain in the ass.
Quite.

However, it isn't really just one of them. It's all of them. He even copy/pasted my heartfelt and warm log in message, removed my name and put his own under it. It's enough to bring a man to tears.
Shouldn't you feel happy enough that your game so popular some loser wants to make a copy of it?
It's not a rip if it doesn't use your source.
It is, as far as I'm concerned, especially when they steal graphics from the game itself.
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:

So, here's the plan. I'm going to slap the word "Revised", "Revisioned" or "Remastered" onto the end of this hub, use an RSC Extractor to get all it's graphics and copy the game play exactly. The only difference is, I wrote the code. You're suggesting you wouldn't complain about it?
Tiberath wrote:
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:

So, here's the plan. I'm going to slap the word "Revised", "Revisioned" or "Remastered" onto the end of this hub, use an RSC Extractor to get all it's graphics and copy the game play exactly. The only difference is, I wrote the code. You're suggesting you wouldn't complain about it?

I would complain about it, but as in source i meant the graphics, programming, game play etc. In this case devourer of souls is just talking about a name copy of his game.
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:
In this case devourer of souls is just talking about a name copy of his game.

And that they supposdly stole his icons.

It has Mitadake High's stolen graphics with the scheme we will steal the graphics and make the same game but better.

Comparison to the guy that make Naruto GOJ.
Keiko-Bunny wrote:
Mapping - Copied
Icons - Copied
Interface - Failcopied
Start up messages - Copied
Game Play - Copied
Coding - Attempted at copy, but just causes major lulz instead.

Yeah, that's not a rip at all.
inb4 mitadake rebirth revised map editor

If you mean the player icons, then those weren't copied. They're on RPG Maker, Neus doesn't own them.
Also, what would it take to make another Mitadake High?

I've been wanting to make another one, starting from scratch.. I guess.

But if you don't want me to, I can just make it under a different name, and say it's based on Mitadake High?

Heygrrlhey wrote:
Also, what would it take to make another Mitadake High?

Make a significantly different round scheme(such as Dev did with Nanaya mode), use original icons, use original programming(not off a zeta/wots source), make your own game name and interface(that's a given), and don't use any of devourer of souls ideas in any way possible(with the exception of Death Note mode; for obvious reasons)