June 13, 2012
The role-play server is now being worked on with features catered to a creative writing environment. The role-play server will be the first to go live.
Updates by Megablaze:
- Tournament system added. Roughly every three hours a tournament is hosted that up to 16 players can participate in, the remaining spots are given to tournament fighter NPCs. The top 4 are rewarded with gold and EXP.
- Guild descriptions added for Occultists and Exorcists during character creation.
- Bounty NPCs added. There are always three on the map, with a randomly generated names, appearance, and abilities.
- All enemies (unless melee based) can now cast their respective element even when in melee range.
- Runtime errors with enemies have been cleaned up.
- Right clicking items in inventory will now show their description and stats.
- Alert that warns players when they maximize their window. Low performance computers seeem to experience screen lag in full-screen.
- Clicking a button can now close the menu as well as open it.
- An alert now appears if you attempt to delete your character.
- (Internal) Alert boxes, really easy to use, and easy in game because you can click anywhere to close it.
- Weapon requirements - guild, level, and stat. For example, "Holy Broadsword" may need 10 Strength and can only be used by Exorcists.
- Weapons can now be set an element to deal damage in.
- Rare weapons now have finisher attacks. Drynwyn, the flame sword, will launch an enlarged fireball when you press F, for instance. Finisher attacks deal a lot of damage but have a long cooldown.
- Elemental shards/orbs added. An element orb is created by collecting 4 shards of the same element. The orb can be equipped to a weapon and it will increase the damage and convert it to that element, unless its already aligned to an element).
- Extra bag space item added.
- Item dragging instead of right clicking.
- Phoenix Feather (revives a player) added.
- Re-spec scroll added.
- Permanent stat increase added. It increases a single stat by 1 unless it is capped.
- Giant potion added. For a limited amount of time it doubles the size of the player and boosts their melee stats.
- Monster loot adjustments. Monsters will now drop a variety of items.
- Invisibility potion. You can't attack or be targeted whilst invisible and it lasts for about 15 seconds.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Skills added for summoner:
- Classes added. Summoner, warrior, and caster.
- Loot changed to allow only 1 item drop per kill
- Element effectiveness (element offense and defense).
- Elemental rings. Equipping a fire ring would increase damage dealt using fire and also protect you from fire attacks.
- Number input box.
- Item stacking in inventory- all miscellaneous items are stackable. So if you have 50 pieces of bread it'll appear as a single icon with a number in the corner representing the amount.
- Hotbar spell dragging.
- Movement is a lot smoother now.
- RP Points. You can receive RP points from certain events (like killing a bounty NPC and gaining fame) and a timer will start, until the timer reaches 0, you can't gain RP points from that same event. You can also recieve RP points from role-playing. RP points are like stat points except they have no cap.
- Role-play mode, selecting it pauses health and spirit regeneration. This allows for turn-based role-play battles where the attacks are written out.
- Perma death option removed.
- World Say changed to OOC.
- Role-play information page in options. This is a HTML page that will be used to display the server's lore, rules, and whatnot.
- Duel system removed in the RP version.