ID:8146

I don't remember the whole thing, but my mom just told me that if one member of a family is holding a job, that person and anyone who lives in the same house actually gets PAID some sort of monthly allowance to go to school. That, along with a possible single-parent allowance setup, would let my mom receive $750 a month (on top of whatever her job would bring in) as well as a $3000 cash bonus for college.

My tuition was only $300. The rest of the money would be keepable.

That is, if my mom had a job. Otherwise, there's nothing.

The thing is...a woman in the Greek embassy of the US has been lying to my mother since June about how to get certification that she used to be married my father for whatever reason. My mom was told that "they have to wait for the certification to come in the mail".

My mom called them today to check up, and the woman kept saying "You have to contact your husband. He'll know what to do" (as she was saying since we moved to Ireland) but my mom told her that he forgot what it was all about.

"*Sigh* You're supposed to receive the certification from someone who lives on (Greek island) and then send it to us."

Mom: "I'm supposed to get the letter, not you?"

"Yes. We never receive any of these letters directly. You have to do it."

Now my mom's on the edge of a breakdown because that's 6 months worth of support and paychecks that we could have had if she was never given the runaround in the first place. :(
=(