ID:81773

BYOND Version:454
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.3

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Duplicates:id:79861, id:87700
note: The game was compiled using v454 on Windows; the server is running v453 under Linux.

Descriptive Problem Summary:

same effect as the previous problem I posted, which was fixed in v448:
http://www.byond.com/members/ BYONDHelp?command=view_tracker_issue&tracker_issue=417
Apparently, version 453 broke it again.
FFO is currently running at 68.63.41.91:2442 in public hosting mode but isn't reported by the Pager.
I've rebooted the game several times to no avail.
Rebooting the server, router, and modem had no effect.
The server is able to ping hub.byond.com successfully (no packet loss).
.byond/cfg/byond.txt includes only the line:
hub_mtime 1252691193

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

fails: compiled in v454 (Win) running on v453 (Linux)
fails: compiled in v453 (Win) running on v453 (Linux)
works: compiled in v452 (Win) running on v449 (Linux)

edit: For now I'm back to hosting with 452/449. If you want me to rehost using 454/453 for testing purposes let me know.
454 on my server is reporting the games compiled with 454 loud and clear to the hub (and pager).
Ok, then I'm not sure what the exact problem is.
The fact remains: 452/449 reports FFO, 453+ does not.

Also, do you mean 453? There isn't a public version of Linux 454.

Read this article on the different release versions.
Either you didn't read the bug report, or you didn't read the download page...
I'm hosting in Linux. The newest version of BYOND for Linux is 453.
see http://www.byond.com/download/build/
Gakumerasara wrote:
I'm hosting in Linux. The newest version of BYOND for Linux is 453.
see http://www.byond.com/download/build/

So it is, my bad. With that, that's the version my server is running, and as previously mentioned, everything is being reported as expected.

(My server is a Linux server, by the way.)
Ah ok. Do you have any suggestions for what I might try then?
I don't believe it's the game itself since the version I compile/host with seems to make a difference.
Gakumerasara wrote:
Ah ok. Do you have any suggestions for what I might try then?
I don't believe it's the game itself since the version I compile/host with seems to make a difference.

At best guess, double check to make sure the world/hub and world/hub_password are properly set and match the hub page.

world/hub = "yourkey.hubpath"
world/hub_password = "yourhubpasswordexactly"

Other then that, I'm not entirely sure. Are people still able to join the game?
I'm hosting right now using 452/449.
http://www.byond.com/games/Gakumerasara/FinalFantasyOnline
The game is showing up properly, so the hub & password must be correct.
When I was hosting using 454/453, people could join using the IP:port, but the game wasn't reported on the website or pager.
I could go back to hosting w/ 454/453 for testing purposes if necessary.
Please use the latest version so I can verify your the results. Let me know when it's updated, cheers. =)
I just went from 452/449 back to 454/453, with practically nothing else changed, and it's showing up on the pager now.
I'm not sure if it will persist after the next time I reboot, but if it doesn't, I'll let you know.
Righto. Well, I'm going to mark this bug as unverified, if any more problems happen, just leave a comment and I'll see if I can help. =)
It's happening again.
I rebooted server and hosted FFO as I always do.
FFO is up and running at 68.63.41.91:2442
People can join, but the game isn't being reported to the BYOND Hub.
I've tried rebooting the computer & game twice to fix the problem without any success.
FFO is up at 68.63.41.91:2442 but once again it isn't being reported.

Would someone mind confirming that the bug exists?

edit: as of last night, it's being reported once again
Gah, I thought we fixed this one. We'll have to schedule another debug session to figure out what is going on. Let us know when you will be available or feel free to IM Lummox or me.
Righto, this bug has just started to occur for IU on our Slicehost server.

It's only happened once previously to now, and that was a week or so ago (we were still using the 463.1061 beta up until today). To fix it we simply rebooted the server machine, unfortunately, this time we're not so lucky. I updated the machine to 464.1066 in another attempt to solve the issue, but so far nothing has come out of it.
This has happened to me on the Tibbius Ubuntu server only when I shutdown via world/Del and update both the DMB and RSC files. Between the two times this bug has occurred on me, I had uploaded an updated DMB and rebooted several times without any problems.