ID:81776

Keywords: members, software
Since you don't often get a chance to see what goes on behind the scenes, we're bringing you a sneak peek at a major upgrade coming to BYOND. The engine is getting some exciting new capabilities for icons and maps. Just what kind of capabilities? Well, this kind for one:

The biggest source of support for the work that goes into making these upgrades is our BYOND Members. If you haven't become a Member yet, don't forget that you get more from it than a lot of website perks and extra bonuses in some games. You also help make BYOND a better platform. Once again we'd like to thank our existing Members for their continued support.
Awesome!
No problem.
koolio
Either BYOND is getting official isometric support, or they're giving us client-side processing. :D
Pretty spiffy.
I got a feeling this is going to be a good one.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Either BYOND is getting official isometric support, or they're giving us client-side processing. :D

Isometric, obviously.
And Lummox said it's only one example out of the "exciting new capabilities for icons and maps".
<3
Isometric huh? Nice.
I'm both excited and terrified at what this means for my current projects.
SuperAntx wrote:
I'm both excited and terrified at what this means for my current projects.

Well said. I may be able to say the same.

More information, please!~ The picture displays something already done :\.
Not that I'm not satisfied, this is big stuff!
YAY!
Kaioken wrote:
Isometric, obviously.
And Lummox said it's only one example out of the "exciting new capabilities for icons and maps".

Yeah sure, kill my hopes for client side processing. I see how it is.
in b4 500 Mario RPG clones
Looks like we're going Diablo II style.
"Capabilities" means more than one. Isometric mapping is probably one of a (probably small) number of functionalities.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Looks like we're going Diablo II style.

DIABLO II FTW!!!!
Isometric Mapping..Sounds...Friggin...Awesome.

Off-Topic:
What is client side processing?
Riku 123q wrote:
What is client side processing?

Something which would cause the phrase "wont that cause lag" to become somewhat obsolete.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7