well can't say im too pleased with this type of upgrade but i can't complain it IS a step in the right direction and also helps to make my games closer and closer to 3D, that being said now we just have to wait for a release.
B-mut wrote:
well can't say im too pleased with this type of upgrade but i can't complain it IS a step in the right direction and also helps to make my games closer and closer to 3D, that being said now we just have to wait for a release.

This update seems excellent for strategy type games :).
Underworld Kid wrote:
B-mut wrote:

This update seems excellent for strategy type games :).

thats true metal gear acid type games with turn based combat.
We meet again, random nay.
Kaiochao wrote:
"Capabilities" means more than one. Isometric mapping is probably one of a (probably small) number of functionalities.

I don't think adding support for this kind of thing is in any way a trivial task. ;)
I'm interested in this feature non the less. I want to give my game the same feel SMRPG kinda gave off on the SNES. I can't wait till it's up for download.
Awesome, can't wait.
I R VRY EXCTED!

Yea+

Im looking forward to it.
Who ever nayed this i should shoot right now lol
This is the future of byond...!!!
*Does super happy dance*

I wonder how this will interact with the client.dir variable.
Looks pretty cool!

Look forward to finding another excuse to start another 10 game projects!

Hm, I wonder what Wargames 2 would look like in isometric? Would we be able to convert it in-game so players have an option?
With this kind of upgrade, I bet it makes games with isometric support (constructed in DM) already go even faster using it more natively (or at least increase performance somewhat). :P
Hmmm... If it actually offers rotation then I'm game(PUN!!!!!!!) ^-^.
Bandock wrote:
With this kind of upgrade, I bet it makes games with isometric support (constructed in DM) already go even faster using it more natively (or at least increase performance somewhat). :P

I bet it makes games with custom, slow isometric systems obsolete, rather than run faster :P. I would guess that these capabilities are solely map and icon related, though I would very much like it if client.dir got an upgrade!
I'm glad an official BYOND post is getting so many comments, though you can see the quality deteriorate as the quantity rises.
SuperAntx wrote:
I'm glad an official BYOND post is getting so many comments, though you can see the quality deteriorate as the quantity rises.

Hard to say what else can be said that hasn't been said. At least the nay-sayers aren't identifying themselves.
I wonder if BYOND could ever be ready for running a raycasting engine any better.
cant wait :D
SuperAntx wrote:
in b4 500 Mario RPG clones

Inb4 my Super Robot Wars BYOND now can be done true to the Console Games XD.
Can't Wait.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7