Looks iso-metro-riffic.
Geldonyetich wrote:
Looks iso-metro-riffic.

I concur. I cannot begin to describe my desire to get my hands on a copy of that. I'd almost pay money for a pre-release version. <.<
..and People say we are stupid for paying for Byond. :rolleyes:
Allen14 wrote:

Thats why you have others pay for you.
Allen14 wrote:

Who's saying that and how did they get the idea BYOND isn't free?
Gochels wrote:
Allen14 wrote:

Thats why you have others pay for you.

I don't mind paying 18 dollars for a year, I mean it's worth it. Plus I don't know people that well on here to pay for me.
dude, im already thinking of games that can be recreated lol example, 3D PAC MAN

lol
ShadowKnight06 wrote:
3D PAC MAN

Epic.

ShadowKnight06 wrote:
dude, im already thinking of games that can be recreated lol example, 3D PAC MAN

lol

It'll be nice to revive some of the 3d type games from the old consoles.
lol the thing is im just saying 3D pacman because its original, but they already made 3d pacman for ps2 a while back
It'll be nice to have a building block game, it certainly would be something to see.
BOMBER MAN!!!!! FTW
I'm wondering how it would be handled. Would we set where the base is with coordinates and vectors? Or would it be something done in the icon editor, if the latter, then a lot of people who use third part programs to make there icons are gonna be peeeeessed....
You won't need to screw around with vectors. Just put a regular isometric diamond at the bottom of the icon. If you want to do this manually, you can start with two pixels centered on the bottom row, and then from there move two over and one up, in both left and right directions. This will leave you one empty pixel of space on the left and right sides of the icon. Then duplicate the widest row and start working inward again.

Since not everyone is going to be comfortable with doing this manually, the icon editor will contain a menu item that will generate that diamond for you. That can then be pasted into another editor if you prefer to do your editing outside of DM.
Lummox JR wrote:
You won't need to screw around with vectors. Just put a regular isometric diamond at the bottom of the icon. If you want to do this manually, you can start with two pixels centered on the bottom row, and then from there move two over and one up, in both left and right directions. This will leave you one empty pixel of space on the left and right sides of the icon. Then duplicate the widest row and start working inward again.

Since not everyone is going to be comfortable with doing this manually, the icon editor will contain a menu item that will generate that diamond for you. That can then be pasted into another editor if you prefer to do your editing outside of DM.

:o my nipples are hard now. Just a little information i would like to share.
Aw, no mention as to whether the maps will act like mobius strips or not? :(

(pssst, will you tell us? :o)
At this time there are no plans for map "looping". Something like that I think might make sense in the context of linked maps, which RPGs would greatly benefit from. But that's a server-side feature and one that's not really on the drawing board.

Server-wise, isometric maps will behave just like regular maps because they both operate on the same basic tile system. The main difference is in how they display at the client end. I have more down-the-road ideas for other uses of the new world.map_format var, which would be facilitated by a lot of the changes that are making isometric possible, but isometric is the low-hanging fruit.
Lummox JR wrote:
At this time there are no plans for map "looping". Something like that I think might make sense in the context of linked maps, which RPGs would greatly benefit from. But that's a server-side feature and one that's not really on the drawing board.

Server-wise, isometric maps will behave just like regular maps because they both operate on the same basic tile system. The main difference is in how they display at the client end. I have more down-the-road ideas for other uses of the new world.map_format var, which would be facilitated by a lot of the changes that are making isometric possible, but isometric is the low-hanging fruit.

Boo we want a round world this isn't the 1600's!
Technically a world that looped east-west and north-south would be toroidal. (Also the Americas were pretty big news in the 1600s, so the round world secret was out by then. :)

I've always been amenable to a linked map feature though, and frighteningly during my last response I actually thought of a way to do it. One major feature upgrade at a time, though.
I wonder what it would have been like to hear news about the discovery of an entire new continent.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7