Neblim wrote:
Ok thank you, especially for the fast response!

Just one last question, will it be released sometime approximately before the end of this year? I am just curious before I get too anxious and start to make an isometric-like system with DM programming. Of course, that's ok too, but I prefer to just use the new system for production purposes. :)

I'm pretty sure I heard it's supposed to be out within the next few weeks, but if you're extremely anxious, you can find the beta builds at byond.com/download/build/beta. You just have to note that you can't submit bug reports, etc. for it, and that the release notes haven't been released. This can be a problem, because there are some funky new changes with the map editor (ex. you need to ctrl+click to place multiple objects on the same tile).
"It's right around the corner."
Neblim wrote:
Just one last question, will it be released sometime approximately before the end of this year?

The first public beta is almost upon us. You may see it tonight, but if not then it's not too much farther off.
Lummox JR wrote:
Neblim wrote:
Just one last question, will it be released sometime approximately before the end of this year?

The first public beta is almost upon us. You may see it tonight, but if not then it's not too much farther off.

Stephen001 is going to be relaying you a bug tomorrow that I didn't want to report on the bug tracker. It has to do with client.screen not working..

client.screen has worked consistently in all of my tests. If you're referring to the changed size of the HUD in isometric mode, that is addressed in the reference.

When I'm working (like now) you can always contact me on AIM if you want to go over any issues.
Lummox JR wrote:
client.screen has worked consistently in all of my tests. If you're referring to the changed size of the HUD in isometric mode, that is addressed in the reference.

When I'm working (like now) you can always contact me on AIM if you want to go over any issues.

I didn't even know you had AIM. What's your screen name?
I just tried it and I don't know how to thank you for this public beta...I am really enjoying this! :)
The beta isn't actually public yet, Neblim; it's merely accessible. It will officially be a public beta when Tom announces it on the forums, at which point you'll also have access to release notes.
Well "Preview" let's call it that. I've noticed some issues with it (though I'm sure someone already has said it). If it's anything other than 24x24, 32x32, 40x40, any other x,y being the same size, it will not work properly. For example, 32x40 does not work visually.
32x40 should work just fine visually, so I'm not sure what you mean. If you're using a topdown view, you'll be looking at non-square tiles. In isometric, you'll have diamond bases that are 32x16 with an additional 24 pixels of vertical space.
I'm member so I technically did dis >:)
Awesome!!! I hace waited for this, for years!
AWESOME
id say das like 2d.5 lol.. a tilted skyview but a good upgrade need-den-less
It's still 2D, just in isometric prospective.

Also, 460 release please. I'll beta test if it isn't ready.
SuperAntx wrote:
It's still 2D, just in isometric prospective.

Also, 460 release please. I'll beta test if it isn't ready.

Actually, with it, you can still set up a 3D system. It's still 2D drawing, though.
Charliegrooms14 wrote:
I'm member so I technically did dis >:)

i was so..... tempted to say something smug about this :) but never mind lol this is what i do it for! byond's progress T_T so nice going!
oh goood then if it will rly help byond become better i will buy others membership tooooooooo.
Wow im becoming and iconner and coder
Hey,SO Sneak Peek is a new system to Byond Maker or something.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7