ID:819191

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I have encountered this too during the v494 testing where if you do not provide any icon file for any object, map_text will not function. I'm not so sure if it was intended or a bug, which is why I'm making it a feature request to make known map_text needs a working icon (even if completely transparent) to function properly.

If it is a bug, however, feel free to move it or I'll recreate this post as a bug report. Currently, a functional icon file is required (even if it is completely transparent) as an icon variable set to null will make map_text not function properly.
I'm pretty sure that if you have absolutely no objects with an icon set, the map is automatically set to text-mode. This also happens when you run a game without its .rsc file.

But I think you would be able to tell it's in text only mode if that were the case.
Actually, I was able to verify that in graphical mode due to the fact I was actually working on some maptext related features for the SByIo Library (during the v494 test releases). That was when I found out that maptext does not show when the icon variable is null.