Epic

by Yut Put
Epic
Explore epic dungeons and slay epic foes with your friends in a huge, epic fantasy action RPG world.
ID:820644

So I've gone to drastic measures to continue working on the game. It takes me a minute to compile and run the game each time I want to test something, but it is worth it. Because I love this game.

6/17/2012

-added hub scores
-added character creation with race and name selection
-added 7 new active abilities for the races
-added 7 new passive abilities for the races
-added 7 new icons for the races
-changed some art
-change the tab key to activate your player's race active ability

screenshot:

This came out exactly the way I imagined it to.

6/18/2012

-sneak ability added (activated with Z and lets you be invisible to your enemies until you are hurt, attack, use an ability, or move too fast near them. The more enemies in sight, the faster you will be spotted while moving. Waiting between moves allows you to progress towards them. It's complicated on paper but simple once you see it in action.)
-enchant gear using spellbooks by standing in from of an enchanting table and dragging a book onto your armor
-mild scenery art changes
-added books that can contain lore as a secondary type of sign into the game
-changed some signs around and sign descriptions
-fixed bug with Q
-fixed bug with quest alerts/part invites/item trading/stuff

6/19/2012

-renamed "emo" to "depressed man"
-added an X button next to the chat input so you can cancel writing a message(SuperAntX, Ry4n)
-increased the duration chat messages stay on the screen(Ry4n)
-added black outline to chat text(Ry4n)
-fixed a bug involving powered turfs and pressure pads not resetting between dungeon intances
-changed the class/level display to include the player's race.(ex: "level 54 orc assailant")
-added emoticons bound to the keys f3-f7. (happy, sad, mad, "help", "woot")
-added sign describing the emoticon keys in first town
-tiny map change in first town to make the cave to the dark castle more obvious and just because the visual aspect of it was bugging me
-changed crate turf icon and railroad tracks colors so they didn't have black inside of their icons
-added a "hit" animation for all types of damage to make it feel awesomer
-fixed the icon state of the psy bullet
-fixed bug where you could spin attack while shielding
-added a chakram, new type of weapon(testing it)
-drew a golden toilet plunger
-changed burnt tree and cactus icon
Ok, you had me until "groulian" and "cogman". Da hell?
I was running out of ideas and personally I think a steampunk themed character from Clockwerk who fires lasers and a zombie/demon guy who can eat himself are pretty neat races. I also love the lore for the world of Epic and wanted to shove it in the players' faces the second they started. The beast race is actually a joke about furries- The lore behind them is that they are the result of the gods punishing men who sympathized for rabbit satan. Beast men appear exclusively in character creation. Alternatively, I could have added super saiyan and changeling.
Did you just say lasers?

Epic has reached a whole new level.
..Well, technically there have been lasers since the photon cannon, nitrogen bow, starfox laser shield, and kamehameha ability were added.
Gratz on 9th or 90th update the game is looking good :D amazing Beautiful I AM NOW IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME. wait what did i just say............ the truth came out D:
Jesus i just saw how much bytes this game has

..... My computer is crashing. D:
I didn't update yet, this is the changelog building up to the 0.9 update. I would be more in love with it right now if I could play it from this old laptop :\

the huge amount of resources comes from all the .ogg music. I decided that download speed was a reasonable tradeoff for epic music. Due to a BYOND glitch which causes the client to download ALL of the resources if the resources are modified during runtime, users who choose to turn music off still have to download the music.
Games dont really need alot of music you know
Yut put can you host one day for we can play together?

This game lagged the penguins out my computer
I have around 4-5 dungeon themes and a theme for every town in the game(I think there are 9 or 10). Oh, and the skyrim title theme along with a karaoke version of "still alive" from portal, and the theme from laserdog's poplava entrry.... Yeah.

I can't host the game right now. I can't even play it, because I am on a windows 2k. lol
Am sorry.
I'll throw up a few servers this evening probably.
6/18/2012

-sneak ability added (activated with Z and lets you be invisible to your enemies until you are hurt, attack, use an ability, or move too fast near them. The more enemies in sight, the faster you will be spotted while moving. Waiting between moves allows you to progress towards them. It's complicated on paper but simple once you see it in action.)
-enchant gear using spellbooks by standing in from of an enchanting table and dragging a book onto your armor
-mild scenery art changes
-added books that can contain lore as a secondary type of sign into the game
-changed some signs around and sign descriptions
-fixed bug with Q
-fixed bug with quest alerts/part invites/item trading/stuff
Looks like I'll need to update the server then. Should do this tonight.
This is the changelog, the update doesn't happen until I make a post saying "0.9 RELEASE"
Poo. Well that's no fun.
Motivation preservation and whatnot
Fair's fair. Makes a lot of sense now I actually think about it.
Animal class ^-^ btw School got out about 5 days ago
Page: 1 2