ID:82118

Not a bug
BYOND Version:453
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.3

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I'm not sure if this is a bug or an inconvenience, but DM in Linux is unable to compile .dme's with external file dependencies within a windows system.

Example: a .dme containing the line:
#include "C:/Program Files/BYOND/bin/Terulia/Icon Converter (Player)/Icon Converter (Player).dm"
will give the error when compiled:
Terulia.dme:273:unable to open "C:/Program Files/BYOND/bin/Terulia/Icon Converter (Player)/Icon Converter (Player).dm".

The same applies for game dependent on libraries.

Expected Results:
compiles successfully

Actual Results:
errors reported, fails to compile

Workarounds:
remove all references to libraries and external files
Considering the file's path doesn't even fit the Linux file system, this is hardly surprising. Failing to include the file is actually expected behavior in this case since that path does not exist on the system where it's being compiled.

The bigger problem, I think, would be that the original Dream Maker instance that created the file seems to be including the full path in the .dme file instead of a relative path. I'm pretty sure the way all this is handled is probably less than ideal but it's something that will require some study to work out. It's hard to say if that behavior is a bug either or merely some sort of oversight, but it should probably go in a separate report if it's a bug.