Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:821420

loading Dragon Ball Z World Online.dme
loading GameCore\demo\interface.dmf
GameCore\demo\mobs.dm:17:warning: base_state: use of base_state precedes its definition
Movement\movement.dm:36:warning: base_state: definition is here
GameCore\hud.dm:12:warning: icon: use of icon precedes its definition
HUD\hud-groups.dm:34:warning: icon: definition is here
GameCore\hud.dm:13:warning: layer: use of layer precedes its definition
HUD\hud-groups.dm:51:warning: layer: definition is here
GameCore\combat.dm:36:warning: set_state: procedure override precedes definition
Movement\movement.dm:146:warning: set_state: definition is here
GameCore\combat.dm:45:warning: move: procedure override precedes definition
Movement\movement.dm:103:warning: move: definition is here
GameCore\enemy-ai.dm:16:warning: movement: procedure override precedes definition
Movement\world.dm:56:warning: movement: definition is here
loading GameCore\demo\map.dmm
saving Dragon Ball Z World Online.dmb (DEBUG mode)

Dragon Ball Z World Online.dmb - 0 errors, 12 warnings (double-click on an error to jump to it)

I am keep getting these errors
It looks like you copied and pasted files from libraries into the project instead of including them as libraries. Stuff in the Movement folder needs to come before stuff in the GameCore folder but BYOND isn't compiling them in that order.

To use the framework, you just need to create a new environment in Dream Maker and check the box to include "Forum_account.ActionRpgFramework".
The reason i copied all of the required library's was that i use multiple machines so i would carry the source in my memory stick and i cant download all the libraries everywhere.
You can carry two folders on the memory stick - one that gets put in your BYOND's "lib" folder and one that contains your project. That way you can just include the Action RPG Framework as a library and the dependencies will be included in the correct order.

If you want to use folders like this, I think BYOND compiles the folders in alphabetical order so you'd have to rename the "Movement" folder so it comes before "GameCore" since the stuff in GameCore references vars defined in Movement. HUD also has to come before GameCore.
oh ok thanks for you Reply i will just put number before them that way they will stay in order anyway can you list them down in the order (if you dont mind)
Sounds good. I think this order will work (top one first):

Forum_account.Text
Forum_account.Keyboard
Forum_account.PixelMovement
Forum_account.HudGroups
Forum_account.Autojoining (only needed to run the sample game that comes with the RPG framework)
Forum_account.Overlays
Forum_account.ActionRpgFramework
Thanks