Epic

by Yut Put
Epic
Explore epic dungeons and slay epic foes with your friends in a huge, epic fantasy action RPG world.
ID:824130

It's unlike me to post more than one "mini release", let alone any "mini releases", but the changes in 0.85 while including features intended for 0.9 also have crucial bug fixes that are needed to enhance the overall experience for players waiting for 0.9.

0.9 isn't introducing a new town to the game(WHAT?) but now that the main features I wanted to add are, for the most part, pinned down, I can focus on the important stuff.

MAH CHANGELAWG:

-added hub scores
-added character creation with race and name selection
-added 7 new active abilities for the races
-added 7 new passive abilities for the races
-added 7 new icons for the races
-changed some art
-change the tab key to activate your player's race active ability
screenshot:

This came out exactly the way I imagined it to.
-sneak ability added (activated with Z and lets you be invisible to your enemies until you are hurt, attack, use an ability, or move too fast near them. The more enemies in sight, the faster you will be spotted while moving. Waiting between moves allows you to progress towards them. It's complicated on paper but simple once you see it in action.)
-enchant gear using spellbooks by standing in from of an enchanting table and dragging a book onto your armor
-mild scenery art changes
-added books that can contain lore as a secondary type of sign into the game
-changed some signs around and sign descriptions
-fixed bug with Q
-fixed bug with quest alerts/part invites/item trading/stuff
-renamed "emo" to "depressed man"
-added an X button next to the chat input so you can cancel writing a message(SuperAntX, Ry4n)
-increased the duration chat messages stay on the screen(Ry4n)
-added black outline to chat text(Ry4n)
-fixed a bug involving powered turfs and pressure pads not resetting between dungeon intances
-changed the class/level display to include the player's race.(ex: "level 54 orc assailant")
-added emoticons bound to the keys f3-f7. (happy, sad, mad, "help", "woot")
-added sign describing the emoticon keys in first town
-tiny map change in first town to make the cave to the dark castle more obvious and just because the visual aspect of it was bugging me
-changed crate turf icon and railroad tracks colors so they didn't have black inside of their icons
-added a "hit" animation for all types of damage to make it feel awesomer
-fixed the icon state of the psy bullet
-fixed bug where you could spin attack while shielding
-added a chakram, new type of weapon(testing it)
-drew a golden toilet plunger
-changed burnt tree and cactus icon
More people would play this game if you optimized download speeds and had servers constantly running.
Cloud, you're stupid.
And I could say the same for you, because you gave no reason as to why I'm stupid. Also, you're attacking me personally, instead of a single comment I made.

Vrocaan, you're stupid.
Cloud, you're still stupid.
Optimizing download speeds is actually a possibility in the future, vrocaan, and having a combination of constant servers running and solid lag fixes(Am I really the only one who lags?) will allow us to build a community.
er...oops... I had accidentally uploaded a really old version of the game last night. Eheheh... erm. Let me fix that one
Oh, I know. I just felt like messing with someone. I would like to point out that there is no Hexagon race, though.
They are a secret cult living under the dull light of the apocalyptic moon, practicing dark arts within their sacred grove hoping that one day an outsider will come and they will be able to use him/her as the catalyst to their entry of the mortal realm.

^ Yut hath spoken it to be so, therefore this is canon
Also they're hexagons.
Version 0.851 updated, contains semi-important bug patches and tweaks that were irking me
version 0.853 uploaded, another important patch and some neat animations+visual tweens included

I'm trying to get the game to a more stable version so that I can focus on 0.9. My inability to playtest also makes it more difficult for me to post stable versions. lol
..patch 0.8531 makes it so patch 0.853 isn't an unplayable lagfest lmfao
aaand another patch to 0.853 which addresses even more critical bugs, some runtimes, and overall game-play mechanic tweaks based on what i personally saw from a playthrough. includes stuff like a stuck and who command
okay, here's the most stable version so far. enjoy. from here on I have to actually work on adding new content