Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:825879

How can i disable inventory so it dosnt open using space bar(only key defined which is i).
Wtf man. Do you not read the documentation? It clearly states that you change the variable to = 0. Stop being lazy and actually READ the dm files with the header documentation. Look in _world.dm
Dude I don't fully want to disable it I jus want it to open only when I is pressed
Thats exactly what it does....
It dosnt it just disables it
In response to Lord Kakarot
Lord Kakarot wrote:

No. It only disables space bar from activating the inventory like Branks and the Comments in the framework say. Please read the content in the framework before asking ridiculous questions that have the answers spelled out for you in the framework.
In response to D-Cire
D-Cire wrote:
Lord Kakarot wrote:

No. It only disables space bar from activating the inventory like Branks and the Comments in the framework say. Please read the content in the framework before asking ridiculous questions that have the answers spelled out for you in the framework.

What'd be even better is to just try it out! =)

There's no guarantee that the documentation matches what will actually happen, but in this case it does match. It's one small change, so just make that change and run the game. Pressing space bar won't open your inventory but pressing the I key will (provided you're not doing anything to interfere with keyboard input).

Also, while we're on the topic. Since the vars in the Options object aren't constants, you can override their values in your project. You don't have to change the library directly, you can just put this in your project:

Options
space_opens_inventory = 0
Somethime i feel so stupid when i ask question like that
There's nothing wrong with asking questions. I don't mind answering them, but you've got to be able to try these things out yourself too.
In response to Forum_account
Forum_account wrote:
There's nothing wrong with asking questions. I don't mind answering them, but you've got to be able to try these things out yourself too.

yeah i know but i am not used to reading so its kind of hard for me and i am mostly technichian