ID:82753

The Highest Wave isn't being saved into the scores.
when i finished playing, i used File -> Quit to ensure that my newest high score got saved. i'm guessing that method of stopping the game oh-so-ironically prevented high score saving?

i replayed the game and let it end naturally, and my score got saved this time

edit: woot i win! i was so close to wave 100. like 97 or something
Zaole wrote:
when i finished playing, i used File -> Quit to ensure that my newest high score got saved. i'm guessing that method of stopping the game oh-so-ironically prevented high score saving?

i replayed the game and let it end naturally, and my score got saved this time

edit: woot i win! i was so close to wave 100. like 97 or something

You truly are the Turtle Tower Tyrant.

Oasiscircle wrote:
You truly are the Turtle Tower Tyrant.

i just got to wave 204, got bored, and made my turtles suicide. i had about 1.2 million points :P

i broke the standings page apparently. it's showing my score on the bottom, thinking it's just 1.2etc instead of 1,200,000

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2945/toitles.png
i broke the standings page apparently. it's showing my score on the bottom, thinking it's just 1.2etc instead of 1,200,000

Haha! That's funny. At least it shows the e so we know that it's bigger than it seems. ;)
do you plan on making updates for the game? the core gameplay is super solid-- lots of fun and strategy. i can think of a lot of cool ideas that'd be really neat to see implemented

also, if you do update it, here are some specific suggestions:

in addition to (or instead of) drag clicking your turtles, add the option to single click the turtle, thus selecting him, so that you can simply click on other locations repeatedly to move him around easier

let us see our toitles' hp as a tiny bar above them whenever their health isn't full

when a turtle is selected, have a reserved space in the interface that shows that turtle's stats. even after 204 waves i was a little unsure about some of them. besides, the game uses a pretty small window, so expanding it with extra space for the info wouldn't hurt
When you buy units, they can spawn on top of your existing units (a major pain if you have everything set up in a specific way).
Also, it would be nice if the order in which turtles are placed at the beginning didn't disappear as you were placing them.
I've rebooted about a dozen times because I forgot what came next.
Some suggestions:

Make 1 tile around all units a "safe" area where monsters can't spawn. The beginning of the end is always when a crab spawns on top of one of my healers.

Make the little turtle swarm guys opaque to the mouse (look at the mouse_opacity var) so that we can drop a unit down on the tile their on. So many times someone has died because I tried to send in the cavalry, but couldn't because the tile was covered in dancing turtles.

More and stronger monsters please. After wave 60 it's the same thing over and over.
It's a very addictive game, but in its current form, also very frustrating. Waiting 5 turns to buy a unit only to have it die while I'm still trying to position it pissed me off so much that I shut the game off and restarted several times, even 20-30 rounds in.

some suggestions after having played for about 2 hours....

Determine the closest target using "real space" instead of locate(). This will prevent all monsters from targeting (and focusing on) the same corner mob. Each wave, dozens of mobs made a bee-line for the top-left corner of the map regardless of where they started to the south of my line.

Allow for an optional increase in time between waves. 5 seconds isn't enough time to buy and move units around. I often found myself leaving one of those long-range bastards alive for the sole purpose of not starting the next wave.

Lower unit prices. They die WAY too easily for costing as much as they do. Even at level 200+, I'd make it all the way through a wave and have just enough money to buy a single unit.

And what happened to the towers?

Over all, it's a very nice game. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with it.
Some of you are forgetting that I made this for GiaD, I couldn't put everything in! I'll definitely update this and fix all of the frustrating bugs. Perhaps even a few bosses can be arranged.
we know :P

we just like it so we want to see it updated
---Updates v0.07---

*Enemies spawn in the bottom half of the screen in the four spaces.
*Shop's location changed.
*Click on units to view their stats.
*After viewing their stats, use the arrow keys to move them around.
*Click the ground to de-select a unit.
*New command: Options -> Set Downtime allows you to set the downtime between waves from 5 to 20 seconds.
*New enemy: Ninja, you'll see him later in the game.
*Bug fix: The tower isn't invisibly present any longer.
*Bug fix: The locating of Guardians on Enemies is fixed to attack the closest.
*Score system made so the scoreboard isn't all weird when you have a million+ score.
*A high score wipe will happen in a day or something. (Sorry!)

I may have forgotten some but, that's about it so far. Hope you enjoy it.:)

- there's a major glitch with the way the monsters find your turtles now. the enemies haven't attacked my dudes at all-- they're apparently trying to reach the triangle guy way in the back, but never figure out how to reach him (or die by the time they do)

- when a turtle is upgraded, their current HP goes up but their max HP doesn't, and it then just gets reset back to its old max HP when a new round starts, so their health pool never increases

- add a little overlay of some sort, like a red box, to indicate which unit you currently have selected

- if you can, bring back dragging to move turtles, because having both as options would be best (dragging is a lot easier for moving a group a large distance, but arrow key movement is better for more precise movements during battle)

about 40 waves in, the game starting to get some pretty noticeable lag. i imagine it's related to the turtlefinding glitch, but it was obvious there were some errors piling up. it got progressively laggier as the game went on

oh, and in the turtle info page, include what level they currently are

edit: i found another glitch. somewhere along the line, i purchased an upgrade during combat, and both my upgrades counter and score meter froze so that they never updated again, but i was still able to purchase and administer upgrades until my score presumably ran out.
Would like a way to pause the game. I got to wave 56 andhad to do some things. I would've like to continue the game where I left off.
Rip Nation wrote:
Would like a way to pause the game. I got to wave 56 andhad to do some things. I would've like to continue the game where I left off.

Press P. :)

I shouldv'e read the instructions slowly instead of just skimming through.
Rip Nation wrote:
I should've read the instructions slowly instead of just skimming through.

I'm not entirely sure if that's in the instructions, actually..

I should probably update them and make them more clear.
@Zaole -> It appears that the new version will have a bunch of bug fixes. ;)
Blocking the monsters at the bottom of the screen = they don't attack & you demolish them.
I was going to show a screenshot of a line of knifers backed up by 4 rows deep archers, but I accidentally closed the game. Anyway, it was very one-sided as the only thing that attacked me, ever, were the ranged units.
Also, around wave 60 the HUD froze for some reason. not just part of it; the whole thing. I was going to check the error message output to see if I could help isolate the cause, but that's when I accidentally closed it. Oh well, there's always next time.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5