Gakumerasara wrote:
Blocking the monsters at the bottom of the screen = they don't attack & you demolish them.

Should there be a zone around the bottom of the screen where you cannot move your units?
That's completely up to you. =P

The bug is that the current AI prevents monsters from attacking turtles right next to them if there's no way to get through to the north. i.e. even if you move your units back a space or two from the spawn area, the enemy still won't attack as long as they are corralled near the monster spawn location.
Aha! Quick tiny update.
You guys can figure what it is by yourselves.

(Darn you Gaku for your quick response..)
got bored (and very laggy) at 200k score :P
Apparently the scientific notation at 1,000,000+ is still a problem (see standings).
This last update makes it seem too easy, I'm guessing because the monsters no longer stack on top of each other.
You'll probably have to use something like hobnob's bignum.
A simpler way would be to use num2text(N,SigFig=12).
Alright, Gaku. That'll be in the next update. Would you like to have your score.. fixed? ;)
Ah, no rush; I can wait.
I assume it's going to be wiped soon anyway.
Updated. Too small an update to make a BYOND Blog post.. but yeah.

3 medals added, one is a spoiler so.. enjoy! :)

(Ohyeah GUYS SUGGEST THINGS I LIVE OFF YOUR IDEAS! >:P)
If enemies can launch AoE attacks, then mages need to heal the lowest-HP target in range. All of my mages are trying to heal the "wrong" target, leaving the more critical ones to die. =/
Aha! Very good idea there Gaku. I'll get on it right away.. right after Bellum!
i got to wave 198, got bored, suicided my turtles. make the waves scale in difficulty and score past 70

i let the game end naturally and waited a couple minutes, but it hasn't shown me getting any of the medals (even though i obviously got the 2 listed ones)

oh, and in case you missed it in chat: add a giant "-PAUSED-" text to the screen when paused
Zaole wrote:
i let the game end naturally and waited a couple minutes, but it hasn't shown me getting any of the medals (even though i obviously got the 2 listed ones)

I think the version that you downloaded didn't have medals in it. The two listed aren't THAT hard to get so.. sorry. ):

Oasiscircle wrote:
Zaole wrote:

I think the version that you downloaded didn't have medals in it. The two listed aren't THAT hard to get so.. sorry. ):

i downloaded it at the same time that you started hosting, and the people who played the version you hosted got medals. :(
I uploaded the right version. Sorry folks. ):

I still want to see your strategy, Zaole/Gaku
why was there a strict cap set on attack speed?

a level 1 sword has an attack speed of 1 per second. a level 2 sword has an attack speed of 1 per second. ... a level 7 sword has an attack speed of 1 per second. the same goes for knives, and i assume every other turtle too

:(
Upgrading is now pointless.
Why spend 5000 on an upgrade for an archer, which increases its attack 15% (and does nothing else of use) when you can buy a new archer for an increase of 100% attack power for the same price?
Gakumerasara wrote:
Upgrading is now pointless.
Why spend 5000 on an upgrade for an archer, which increases its attack 15% (and does nothing else of use) when you can buy a new archer for an increase of 100% attack power for the same price?

Excellent point.. hmmm.. I'll try to change it up so it's a bit more useful.

upgrading still doesn't increase attack speed (as of .16) :(
Page: 1 2 3 4 5