Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:827717

hi Forum_account. i must admit that i am very looking forward to this next update. the game demo i bet will be packed full of features. keep up the great work. your an excellent programmer!

this is not a feature request but instead a minor change to the inventory display. when the inventory is displayed, the item desc is displayed to the right of the selected slot. the problem is that it makes it difficult to see the icon displayed under the desc. how about displaying the desc at the top of the inventory window. that would make the inventory easier to read. keep in mind that it is only a suggestion.

i realize that you do not want to add the trading feature to the framework for whatever reason. how about (for the newcomer not able to make such a difficult feature at that time) adding it in the game demo. after all the game demo is where such features not making it into the framework should be. only my recommendation of course.
the problem is that it makes it difficult to see the icon displayed under the desc.

I figure the item descriptions might get lengthy so I wanted to be able to show them over top of other items. I'm not worried about items being hard to see underneath the descriptions, you can just move the cursor to the right to see what it was blocking. I'd only be concerned if the description was hard to read because of the item icons underneath it.

It's not that I'm against adding trading, it's just not a high priority (for the framework or the sample game). What I might add is a way to prompt the user to select an item from their inventory. This could be used to easily add a way to sell items to shopkeepers and to select a set of items to trade. It's a bit of work and it's not the most important feature, but I'm sure it'll get in there eventually.