ID:82950

BYOND Version:454
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Web Browser:Firefox 3.0.14

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=718436
It's been about 2 weeks now, and as usual BYOND has decided to clear its cache again.
If I'm not mistaken BYOND has been creating multiple .rsc files as byond.#.rsc.
I believe it was up to byond.7.rsc though I can't be 100% sure of that.
And I'm not sure the file size of any of the .rsc files.
I'll start recording them at the end of every day I suppose.

Expected Results:
BYOND doesn't randomly delete all the resources its been downloading.

Actual Results:
BYOND randomly decides to clear all game resources, so I get to download them for the 9999th time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions?
This problem has been around for a while now, not this exact problem, but this seems to be its newest incarnation.
This doesn't add any new information to your original post that we can test with. We definitely need something like file sizes, info on what games you were playing, etc.

Also I'm somewhat surprised the alternate caches were kept. Did you have any games open continuiously during that time? The cache code is always looking to combine files and delete temporary ones it's no longer using, so it seems strange that any of the temporaries would stick around long enough to get up to a seventh temp cache file.
Upon restarting my computer today, and going to record the size of the .rsc file; there was this:
byond.1.rsc: 17.7mb
byond.2.rsc: 17.0mb
byond.3-14.rsc: all 16.2mb
byond.rsc: 20.8mb
Games played yesterday: HU1 (remained logged in to most of the day), HU2, LRS, Enfencia, A few test things ran locally.
After logging in to a BYOND game it seems all the numbered .rsc files have disappeared. And the byond.rsc is now 21.8mb
This is still happening to me on a regular basis. Is this seriously not happening to ANYONE else?
The re-downloads are now happening on my new computer, running Windows 7 instead of Vista.