Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:831072

Resolved
I just posted an update to the Pixel Movement library that fixes this.
BYOND Version:495
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 13.0.1
Applies to:rpg framework

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
if the player is attacked, moving player 1/3 a tile will stop the mob from attacking. for example, the blue_ooze is next to the player and attacking the player. if the player moves just a bit where there is a one third the tile space between the mob and the player then the mob will not move closer to the player nor attack the player. this has been verified three times.
Forum_account, did you find the problem to this bug report?
Sorry about that, I meant to reply sooner.

Yes. Unfortunately it requires a change to the Pixel Movement library. I don't like to update the library every time I make a single change, so I might not post the update that fixes this for a little while.

Fortunately, this is a change I've wanted to make to the Pixel Movement library for a while now and this gives me a good reason. The problem is that the mob's move_towards() proc makes them move towards a turf. If you call move_towards(mob), it moves you towards the turf they're standing on. So, depending on your positioning, the move_towards proc might not make the enemy move close enough to you that their attacks can reach you.
Forum_account changed status to 'Verified'

This will stop happening when the next version of the Pixel Movement library is available. That update probably won't happen for another week. If you really need this fixed I can send you the updated code for the Pixel Movement library.
i am in no hurry for the fix. i will wait until the next update. thank you
Forum_account resolved issue with message:
I just posted an update to the Pixel Movement library that fixes this.