ID:8326

Keywords: software
(Windows update) (notes) (Unix versions)

Version 347.897 is the fourth and hopefully final beta of BYOND 3.5. This version fixes several bugs and adds many important new features. Everyone who is using BYOND 3.5 now should upgrade. Those who haven't tried it yet are encouraged to do so now, as we hope to make this version the new stable release of BYOND if no major bugs are found.

Version 347.897 supersedes all previous versions of Beta 4; please upgrade if you have installed one of those versions.

A partial list of major changes includes:
  • Major sound upgrade: BYOND now uses FModEx and has the following features:
    • Songs are now treated the same as regular sounds in most respects.
    • sound.environment, somewhat supported but broken in several previous versions, now works properly. It also now supports a 23-element list to set custom reverb environments.
    • sound.echo added. It is an optional 18-element list allowing individual sounds to have their own slightly modified reverb settings for greater realism.
    • sound.status flags SOUND_RESERVED and SOUND_SURROUND have been phased out from the previous beta versions. In their place are SOUND_STREAM and SOUND_UPDATE.
  • Some packet security added to foil malicious packet senders.
  • Worlds now report their information to the hub themselves. After a hub upgrade, worlds hosted in version 347 with no players logged in should appear on the hub.

See the notes for a full list of changes. Please post thorough bug reports in the Bug Reports forum, and general discussion in the comments for this blog.
Excellent work!
AWSOME
Dammit! Right when I was going to get off the computer you had to release a new update! Great, now you'll have me on here until 7 am. Great job anyways!
That hub thing is nice, because no one was in BYONDchan, it wasnt showing up in the live! games listing, even though it was live, and because it didn't show up, I am sure no one thought of using it.
Good work!
That hub thing is nice, because no one was in BYONDchan, it wasnt showing up in the live! games listing, even though it was live, and because it didn't show up, I am sure no one thought of using it.

I just join my own games until someone logs in and gets comfortable. >.>
localhost:portnumber works nicely <.<
I am on dial up.
Nice. The sound datums will probably be useful. At any rate, playing with the frequency is always fun.
It's like Christmas...all over again!
I have one thing to say to this: YEEEEEHAW!
I especially like the new volume control. You can now make awesome fade ins and fade outs that add to game play GREATLY.
Awesome, cant wait to install it, if it wasnt for the fact I'm damn hosting !

Oh well, she will be my precious in an hour or so...
Lol, Slow PC
I'm glad that games with no players show up on the hub now. That was annoying.
Games hosted with just DreamDaemon still don't show up on the hub...
Jp wrote:
Games hosted with just DreamDaemon still don't show up on the hub...

* Worlds now report their information to the hub themselves. After a hub upgrade, worlds hosted in version 347 with no players logged in should appear on the hub.

Hub upgrade has not yet happened. It'll be a while, as it's a very extensive change to how the hub tracks live games. Right now everything is tracked by player, but this change will track everything by game, only cross-referencing to players. Big database change, big code change. Much test. Ungh.
Ah. I see. Thanks for clearing that up, Mike.