Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:835985

Resolved
I added an on-screen info bar that can be used to show info/hints/tips to the player. Any other type of tutorial can be handled using quests or prompts.
Applies to:

This issue has been resolved.
A tutorial system maybe, eventhough it is easier to make one but people new to byond dont know much and it could help them.
I could provide an example in the sample game. Is there anything an in-game tutorial would need that can't already be handled through quests, prompt() messages, or anything else?
not really but i think it would be nice instead of outputting keys and their functions
If I were making a game, I'd replace the messages that are printed when you make a new character (the ones that explain the controls) with an HTML popup. There's not much the framework can provide for this. Creating an HTML popup isn't specific to this library.

I have been kicking around the idea of on-screen help information. It'd just be bar across the top or bottom of the screen that shows a string. I think I'll eventually make this part of the framework and I can include examples in the sample game to show how to use it to display messages.
Forum_account resolved issue with message:
I added an on-screen info bar that can be used to show info/hints/tips to the player. Any other type of tutorial can be handled using quests, prompts, or HTML popups.