Forum_account, you are just trying to avoid my suggestion by finding workarounds. My intention with this topic was a suggestion for improving Dream Maker, not talk about ways to avoid Dream Maker's method of opening things. You are just making this far harder than it is. You try to find ways of avoiding a need for this feature, yet you give no reason as to why Dream Maker shouldn't have it. I don't care about what workarounds you come up with. I am simply suggesting a way to make Dream Maker more flexible. I want the behavior of Open Environment to be changed.

If you want to make a good argument then tell me why you think Open Environment shouldn't be changed, instead of avoiding what I'm saying.
Enough is enough, there is no need to debate this. The setting for making this an optional change, with the default behaviour being how it is now was the best suggestion here. If this gets added, that is how it should be added. Otherwise, no big deal.

I personally wouldn't even use this much. When I want to open another project without closing, I just go to start > Dream Maker, because it's one of my most used programs so it appears right there and opening a new instance means it won't close out my other stuff.

Yes I know this is a work around, but my point is that there are probably more people that are fine with it like I am than there are that are worried about this change like you are.

Once again, if it is added it should be changeable in preferences; no need to debate. The BYOND designers can decide whether it does or does not get added. I do not, however, feel that this is as important as the tabs feature or that it needs to be added first. Adding both in the same update would be nice, though.
I'm not avoiding this feature, it's just a bad idea to make this the default behavior. I don't have to explain why the default behavior shouldn't be changed (though I already have) if the only reason you can provide for wanting the change is simply that you want it to be changed.
In response to Forum_account
Haven't we already come to the agreement that it won't be the default behavior, but rather an option?
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Haven't we already come to the agreement that it won't be the default behavior, but rather an option?

Not Multiverse7, apparently.
Forum_account I am really starting to get tired of your trolling. I used to think you were more than just an account on the forums, but now I'm not so sure. I am just going to start ignoring you, since you can never seem to cooperate or add anything useful to a discussion.

Quite frankly, I don't care if it is default or optional; I just requested that it be added in some way.
In response to Multiverse7
Multiverse7 wrote:
Forum_account I am really starting to get tired of your trolling. I used to think you were more than just an account on the forums, but now I'm not so sure. I am just going to start ignoring you, since you can never seem to cooperate or add anything useful to a discussion.

I'm not trolling or being uncooperative, I'm simply not agreeing with you. If that makes you upset, I can't help it. When you request features like this, people are bound to disagree with how they should work.

Quite frankly, I don't care if it is default or optional; I just requested that it be added in some way.

We have proposed two ways that Dream Maker can support opening environments in new windows and you didn't seem to like those methods. Did you change your mind?
Page: 1 2