I thought it was pretty fair. I asked for original ideas or new twists on stuff that's already been done. Due to the rule about not getting points for something that's already been posted-- naturally who ever is the quickest to post has the potential to get the most points.

I ask for ideas and help all the time on this site-- and that usually doesn't get me very far. For instance just about anytime I ask anyone to help play-test my game (despite the fact that I got over 20 replies saying "oh I'll help" anytime i send pages to these people over 90% don't respond and of the 10% that do, only one is usually willing /able to help. It's like that all the time, it's human nature-- people don't generally like to do anything for you unless they are gaining something from it. From the more popular games, they just want to be seen associating with the game, so they volunteer. I don't have a resume of games, so just asking doesn't work. I'm sorry if you feel it's rigged but honestly that's your opinion. You are free to play, or not to play. It's not really a big deal and nothing to be upset over, but I honestly feel like people saw this post and didn't read past the part that said "free membership " to the winner.

I clearly outlined what I would be judging on, and nearly everyone with the exception of 2 people started spinning off generic ideas of multiple amounts-- in attempt to win the contest by sheer number of ideas bought to the table. (hence the rule about not getting points for things other people already mentioned.)

I don't see where it's unfair or rigged.

I need original good ideas that would fit into a ninja game that i haven't already implemented or thought of.(3 points for each of these.)
These ideas can be variations of things that may/may not have been done in other games BUT they must fit into the ninja game theme.(1 point for each of these.)

Bonus points are awarded based on whether or not the idea can be incorporated easily into the game (up to two points for each bonus applied.)

If you feel it's rigged, most likely it's because you didn't devote much thought to it-- which is what the contest actually requires.

And as you can clearly see, the people who devoted thought and actual time to their responses are the ones that got the most points. Boxcar is right, if I just wanted to bestow a membership I could have. My goal is to award a membership to the person who can contribute(actually give something), since simply asking people for their ideas yields NO results at all whatsoever most of the time for me personally. Experiences tend to vary depend on who's doing the asking (I've found)
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Second Roooooound:

Weapons:

1. Bladed Gauntlets: Basically, hand-to-hand weapons that make enemies bleed and such. Also, they'd be sexy.

Doable- 3 Points.

2. Whip: Every game needs whips. I don't care what you think. Give it a unique attack pattern, perhaps even the ability to randomly deal AoE damage to an adjacent target.

Hmm.....That's a possibility in the future but for now no, still 1 point.

Concepts:

1. Disarming/Disabling armed weapons with specific weapons, such as heavy weapons or throwing knives.

If you mean using a boomerang to knock a sword out of someone's hand with a certain %-age then that's a pretty awesome idea. 5 points

2. Temporary fatigue from over-using weapons/skills.

Already have that.

3. Bleeding condition which slowly lowers health as well as your movement speed.
I have something similiar to both of those called Burn Status and Debuff Speed.

Bosses:

1. A small, quick demon thing that targets one player, attacks, then targets another. Its attack can be interrupted by having another player attack it, so it would be possible to juggle it. Only there's two.

I'm a bit confused about what you mean but I'm thinking it would require some overhaul of the current AI (which I'll admit is rather shabby and simplistic.) I do plan on having demons in the game already so 3 points.

2. Huge, slow hulk of a boss. Takes place in a long corridor filled with walls and traps. The boss breaks through walls, slowly chasing you as you attempt to kill it. Think Indiana Jones with a giant avatar of death behind you, rather than a boulder.

I really like this idea, the only problem would be that bosses in my game are planned to be stationary. 3 points.

3. Stationary statue-like being that has four towers surrounding it. Or five. or six. One for each element. Basically, the statue has to be attacked whilst avoiding the many elemental attacks.

Seems vaguely familiar to me. I feel as if I've done something pretty similiar in another game before. 1 point.

Vrocaan- 28 points currently.
In response to Dariuc
For some reason I feel this post insulting to me, allow me to properly clear myself up.

If I were to waste my time and creativity actualy giving you MY ideas; I would expect a salary. Not a petty membership, or the cost of one. Why exactly do you expect the BYOND community to do YOUR job FOR you? Because you lack the creativity to actualy do it yourself? Or maybe you just didn't think it out enough. Posibly it's just because you're incapable of developing a game? Or you could just feel you're justified in this because you've offered such a crummy prize.

Forgive me for making two comments on this post while I was either heading to bed or getting out of bed, leaving the 'though-out' bit to rest; However, you clearly did not understand half of what I was suggesting anyway (which shows YOUR lack of thought on the replies). I would've wasted more time on my comment to clearly explain everything but not only did I feel it unnecessary, but I also did not favor wasting time on something I didn't have a clear stake in. I'm not a member of your staff, neither are any of the BYOND community.

Now if you wished to hire me; you could take it through the proper mediums and PAY me. In which; I would actualy be of great help. However, I do NOT wish to support you in a attempt to steal the creativity of others.

As I stated previously; This 'contest' or 'event' - whichever you claim it to be - is rigged.
I'm not going to hire you for anything... nor did I ask you to participate(you chose to do so of your own volition). The last post wasn't intended to be insulting by any means. Fact of the matter is-- I don't personally know anyone who has commented here. I'm very biased towards good creative ideas, and very opposed to generic or plain out overdone ones.

I'll put it in a way you might be better able to understand. You're free to participate, or you're free to keep it pushing. But if you don't like it-- kick rocks and stop complaining. I'm not going to change the rules just because you whine.
In response to Dariuc
1) Not orriginal at all - just used 'element' instead of 'team'.
2) Not well-thought out at all.
3) Tripwire is very simular to pressure plates, should be counted as a double post.
4) I included the 'bomb' weapon in my post of ideas, should be counted as a double post.
5) Element Pills as he calls them would be useless and un-needed. Instead, adding items that add elemental buffs to each attack - of the same element or not.
6) Not well thought out at all, one lone idiot could kill the entire team with ease.

How is this NOT rigged?
In response to Dariuc
1) The first two ideas are actualy decent.
2) The third idea SHOULD have been with the second, should be counted as a double post.
3) The boss that jumps form player-to-player has been done before, though I couldn't tell you the game(s) off the top of my head. Closest thing I can name off the dome is the Jockey from L4D2.
4) The slow-moving boss I swear has been done before, breaking through walls. OH WAIT, that's every PoP game, unorriginal.
5) The final boss idea is slightly unorriginal. There have been simular bosses in a LOT of games; normaly requiring your to trigger something in a area near the boss to damage it. Like going form lever-to-lever to unleash an attack on the boss. The 'four elemental towers' is interesting but requires more thought and a better explanation of their use.

Once again, how is this NOT rigged?
In response to Dariuc
Regardless, enjoy the 'contest'. Seeings how I'm lacking payment this is a utter waste of my time; I'll be ignoring replies.

[EDIT]
I apologize to the BYOND moderators for this topic and it's replies. I do not intend these last comments as insulting, nor am I trying to rile up more issues.
[END EDIT]
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Regardless, enjoy the 'contest'. Seeings how I'm lacking payment this is a utter waste of my time; I'll be ignoring replies.

[EDIT]
I apologize to the BYOND moderators for this topic and it's replies. I do not intend these last comments as insulting, nor am I trying to rile up more issues.
[END EDIT]

Wah.
The only compensation you'll get from me is the glowing satisfaction of a job well done and an extended membership should you win.
Play it off all you like or downplay it, but it is what it is. It's not judged by you -- it's judged by me. Just because you don't like my standards do not make them wrong-- just like how you listing off a bunch of things you agree disagree with do not make them "right". I never admitted to playing every single game there is, fact remains I'm looking for original ideas and concepts that I can place in my game. If you don't want to provide them--simply don't respond it's pretty simple. You are only responding to derail the contest imo, and even if we WEREN'T rating using points Most people reading these replies would agree that the ideas the two point leaders posted were much better, more specific and more well thought out than anything you posted.

I don't feel a need to attempt to justify any of my actions. If you had a problem with the rating and there were so called obvious flaws, you could have bought it up before being obnoxious and ignorant. I would have looked at it, and re-evaluated it, and gave honest opinions about why I rated it the way I did.
Your raging over something that you claim to not even be interested in.. so was the point? Horde your super awesome ideas and keep them to yourself. If you feel you should be paid for your super cool original ideas, stop hanging out on a byond board and go make that money, then come back and rub it in my face.

Bring out a mega awesome game that will make mine look like a sorry attempt at game developing(be my guest.)
But this? IS completely pointless. Thanks.
Just to let you know there are no original ideas every idea pretty much has been done alot of these ideas that you are probably calling original have been done somewhere but you never seen it or it can just be a mix of to different ideas.

P.S I rarely read any of it.
In response to ImmeasurableHate
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
Just to let you know there are no original ideas every idea pretty much has been done alot of these ideas that you are probably calling original have been done somewhere but you never seen it or it can just be a mix of to different ideas.

P.S I rarely read any of it.

Yep I know what you are saying. Everything has most likely been done before. I'm looking for new original ways to do them. Reinventing the wheel basically.
Just saying, this contest has become corrupted much.
In response to Raimo
Raimo wrote:
Just saying, this contest has become corrupted much.

If you feel it's biased bring up valid points and i will address them. As I mentioned to NAHH, it's not like you're doing it for nothing, you're competing for a membership. If you feel the effort you have to put in isn't worth your time then you are free not to compete. No sense in posting your concerns here just because you don't have as many points as you like (because that's what it seems like). The point leaders have the best ideas, which is why they are the point leaders. Even without points, they'd still be winning because they actually had well though out concepts to bring to the table.

In response to Raimo
Basically I feel like there's people getting butt hurt over something that's not really that serious. Do you really need/want a membership that bad? You have a fair chance-- it just requires you do do some actual work. Apparently people value things that come easy nowadays. Smh. If these complaints keep up, I'll just award both the point leaders memberships and end the contest. Basically.
In response to Dariuc
Here I was ignoring the replies and here you are continuing it on further and further, my name isn't NAHH. I posted two replies to point out how I felt the contest is rigged. To which you clearly simply ignored because you lack the sense of understanding to know what I'm saying in my comments.

The point leader hasn't posted a SINGLE thought-out suggestion. He barely can string a sentence together, let alone place several thought-out and valid entries. If I cared about the membership I would be listing off ideas constantly. Do you honestly think a membership matters that much to anyone? This is basicly just charity.

No one is 'butt-hurt' aside from you, I simply stated that the contest is rigged, he stated it's corrupted. In which, as I gave VALID reasons why, it is. I DO feel you misjudged my entered ideas, but I never posted anything about wanting you to reconsider my points.

You're blowing situations up because YOU cannot handle a fair enviroment. This 'contest' is far from fair. Even if it's not rigged we have to luck out on what YOU feel is orriginal and what is actualy orriginal. I offered two orriginal ideas, to which you shot down one and underplayed another. It's clear with more than one person complaining about the validation of this contest that it isn't fair - as it should be.

In order to post - assuming it's NOT rigged - you have to do the following:
List off a bunch of random ideas you get from other games and add a slight twist too.
Hope the only person judging this hasn't seen your idea elsewhere - which you absolutely cannot know.
Hope that he hasn't already implamented something simular - which you cannot know because you have absolutely no chance to see what he already has.
Post more ideas in the same fashion.
Also, never complain about anything anyone else has ever posted on here because your opinion is wrong and doesn't matter, even if it is valid.
Also, as for your point leader; Have you ever played Elemeental Warfare?

[EDIT]
Question directed at Dariuc, due to the mass of ideas that come from that game.
[END EDIT]
Yet you still feel compelled to post. If it's as insignificant as you say -- why bother? You're complaining -- about nothing. It solves nothing, and it changes nothing. I read this go "oh okay" and go on about my day. The first few times I replied, but honestly-- idc anymore. Stopped caring about what you or anyone else had to say several messages ago. *shrug*
Point blank. the contest will continue and end when it's supposed to. Nothing anyone has said has changed my mind otherwise. It's not that I'm obstinate. It's YOUR views that are biased.

I'm judging this from my standpoint which MAKES it right for me, not for you.

If you had a game would I tell you what's a good match for it? No. I could suggest.

I've been there since day one. I am fully capable of choosing which ideas lend themselves better to my game and which don't. I've programmed it, I've story boarded it, came up with concepts.

This was meant to be a fun contest where people could propose ideas. I gift memberships all the time when I feel like it, and that's no problem. This time I thought I'd try something different.

The point I'm trying to get across is that regardless of what you say-- I'm right because it's my contest. My rulings are fair because I have my own set of standards, and had you bothered to ask instead of immediately acting like a "donkey", and accusing me, perhaps I could have explained it to you. But that time has passed. It is what it is, you and Raimo both can feel free to stop posting anytime you like.

If you say it's rigged it must be true because everything you see on the internet is true right o_O

All these comments showcase is how immature minds seek to ruin things for other people -- simply because things don't go the way they planned.

Well I didnt read through every comment so sorry in advance if I repeat any ideas.

idea 1 : For dungeon games I really like puzzles and riddles which need to be solved to proceed. So saying that you give me a riddle to press buttons in such an order that it would open a sealed up door.

Idea 2 : Have weapons which would be able to have a charge attack. Like if you press z while wielding the weapon it would do the normal attack. If you hold z it would charge and perform a stronger attack(possibly a better animation.

Idea 3 : Have unique weapons such as a grapple hook to get across dead ends(this is kind of how they do this in zelda)

Idea 4 : A weapon which could contain an element would be cool. Like a jar which ya put near fire it would absorb the fire and become a fire absorbed weapon(obv it wouldnt really be a jar).

Idea 5 : Having different depths in dungeons. Such that when you clear the 1st depth you would have to go to depth 2 then 3 and so on until you reach the boss fight if there is one.

Idea 6 : An item which you could place anywhere in the dungeon and then use a teleport spell or something to get back to it in case you get surrounded by monsters.

Idea 7 : Punishing players if they solve a riddle wrong(Like closing a door). If enough riddles are solved wrong then the player would be teleported back or something.

Idea 8 : Having pets which can only be used in a dungeon be kinda cool too. Like if ya have a pet he can camp in one spot and be able to take out monsters and block that entrance so monsters cant come in OR a person could walk with the pet and fight alongside him.

Idea 9 : Make npcs in dungeons which you can bribe to give you secrets or hints to how to complete the dungeon.

Idea 10 : Make a bomb which when explodes creates a mini black hole which sucks in all the monsters and then explodes creating knockback and possibly killing some of the monsters.

Idea 11 : Make a boss in which you have to incorporate the available items in the dungeon to beat him. Such that it wouldnt be if a person walks in with lvl 100 weapons or something he be able to kill the boss no sweat.(Items that could be in the dungeon include barriers which would block the bosses attacks or some items that could reflect the attack.

Idea 12 : Make the dungeons walls destructible so you could try blowing up some walls to get somewhere but if enough walls are blown make it so that the dungeon would collapse and players be teleported back to the city or something.

Idea 13 : Make some dungeons be totally dark so you need a light source to walk around them. This would make harder to fight in them. Also it be smart to make the light go away in some time so you would need to place big candles around some spots in the dungeon so the people would walk around in total darkness after some time.

Idea 14 : This kind of adds to my previous idea. In the darkness dungeons add in ghosts/phantoms which can only appear in the dark and would attack you but they couldnt get near you if you are surrounded by light making having a light source a really good idea.

Idea 15 : Make a gun which would fire a single small bullet and would travel sort of slowly. When it reaches about half the time before it supposed to get deleted it would expand into a big shot and if it hit something it would explode causing knockback.

Idea 16 : Make status effects which would make players more vulnerable. Status effect would be :
Shock : Causes a person damage at some points and stops/slows movement at some points.

Fire : Would cause damage every few seconds

Poison : Would cause some damage and prevent a person from healing health

Stun : Slows movement

Freeze : Causes some damage and stops movement.

Curse : If a person used weapons he/she would lose health each use.

Thats all the status effects I could think off. Anyways I got some more ideas but I think this is enough until I know my score. Anyways I do apologise if I did repeat some of the ideas which were posted before me but lets hope I didnt :)

Hope they help ya
In response to Dj dovis
Dj dovis wrote:
Well I didnt read through every comment so sorry in advance if I repeat any ideas.

idea 1 : For dungeon games I really like puzzles and riddles which need to be solved to proceed. So saying that you give me a riddle to press buttons in such an order that it would open a sealed up door.

Rather generic idea.

Idea 2 : Have weapons which would be able to have a charge attack. Like if you press z while wielding the weapon it would do the normal attack. If you hold z it would charge and perform a stronger attack(possibly a better animation.

Rather generic idea.

Idea 3 : Have unique weapons such as a grapple hook to get across dead ends(this is kind of how they do this in zelda)

Idea 4 : A weapon which could contain an element would be cool. Like a jar which ya put near fire it would absorb the fire and become a fire absorbed weapon(obv it wouldnt really be a jar).
I've toyed with the idea. But decided against elements in weapons for the time being. Still 1 point. Since I could possibly go this route.

Idea 5 : Having different depths in dungeons. Such that when you clear the 1st depth you would have to go to depth 2 then 3 and so on until you reach the boss fight if there is one.

Rather generic idea.

Idea 6 : An item which you could place anywhere in the dungeon and then use a teleport spell or something to get back to it in case you get surrounded by monsters.

Rather generic idea.
Plus I have a return tool of sorts already.

Idea 7 : Punishing players if they solve a riddle wrong(Like closing a door). If enough riddles are solved wrong then the player would be teleported back or something.

Rather generic idea.

Idea 8 : Having pets which can only be used in a dungeon be kinda cool too. Like if ya have a pet he can camp in one spot and be able to take out monsters and block that entrance so monsters cant come in OR a person could walk with the pet and fight alongside him.

Interesting idea but reminds me of torchlight.
1 point.

Idea 9 : Make npcs in dungeons which you can bribe to give you secrets or hints to how to complete the dungeon.

3 Points. Altho I don't really see my dungeons being that elaborate so I'm not sure this would be needed.

Idea 10 : Make a bomb which when explodes creates a mini black hole which sucks in all the monsters and then explodes creating knockback and possibly killing some of the monsters.

Not really a good fit for my game.

Idea 11 : Make a boss in which you have to incorporate the available items in the dungeon to beat him. Such that it wouldnt be if a person walks in with lvl 100 weapons or something he be able to kill the boss no sweat.(Items that could be in the dungeon include barriers which would block the bosses attacks or some items that could reflect the attack.

This could be elaborated on to make a whole new game in my opinion. 5 points. I'll see what I can do with it.

Idea 12 : Make the dungeons walls destructible so you could try blowing up some walls to get somewhere but if enough walls are blown make it so that the dungeon would collapse and players be teleported back to the city or something.

Hm.. I don't see a use for it in my particular game but it's interesting and original. 3 points.

Idea 13 : Make some dungeons be totally dark so you need a light source to walk around them. This would make harder to fight in them. Also it be smart to make the light go away in some time so you would need to place big candles around some spots in the dungeon so the people would walk around in total darkness after some time.

Someone mentioned this.

Idea 14 : This kind of adds to my previous idea. In the darkness dungeons add in ghosts/phantoms which can only appear in the dark and would attack you but they couldnt get near you if you are surrounded by light making having a light source a really good idea.

Seen something similiar done in another game, actually a few of them.

Idea 15 : Make a gun which would fire a single small bullet and would travel sort of slowly. When it reaches about half the time before it supposed to get deleted it would expand into a big shot and if it hit something it would explode causing knockback.

Wouldn't fit my game (ninjas ninjas)

Idea 16 : Make status effects which would make players more vulnerable. Status effect would be :
Shock : Causes a person damage at some points and stops/slows movement at some points.

Fire : Would cause damage every few seconds

Poison : Would cause some damage and prevent a person from healing health

Stun : Slows movement

Freeze : Causes some damage and stops movement.

Curse : If a person used weapons he/she would lose health each use.

Already have 10 different status effects. Most do what you mentioned above.

Thats all the status effects I could think off. Anyways I got some more ideas but I think this is enough until I know my score. Anyways I do apologise if I did repeat some of the ideas which were posted before me but lets hope I didnt :)

Hope they help ya

total- 13 points
In response to Dariuc
I do enjoy seeing ignorance at its best. Even through my validated statements and you countless counts of blundering around and stating the same things repeatidly you still do not understand the concept of you being wrong.

Even AFTER I purposely ignored remarks made in this topic refering to me you continued to attempt to press thing further.

No one is trying to stop you from holding your 'contest.' And our views are biased because YOU feel that WE don't like how you rated OUR entries? Neither myself nor the other character have mentioned anything about our entered ideas when commenting on the legitimacy of this 'contest.' I know my ideas wern't the best, which is why I allowed you to use them.

But I know that the stipulations for the points you are allocating are false. If the points were truely given based on orriginality, theme, ease of use, and simplicity/complexity, then that current runner-up would be in the lead. The current and by-far point leader is NOT deserving. Not a single given idea has been orriginal ,nor have they been "thought out". Not to mention the lack of detail, which makes it difficult to implament the half-arsed idea.

And I'm the one that said it was rigged, how exactly does that have anything to do with reading something on the internet?

I enjoy how you say I have the immature mind when you have called others biased this entire time while saying 'My opinion is right because it's mine.' Would you please direct yourself to google then proceed to research what the word biased means? You're not only judging these entries via a biased opinion - you're also lying about the standards you're using. I've given you more than enough to disqualify near everything your current point-leader holds. Yet you've done nothing to rectafy the ill-judgement you've presented. This contest is far from fair, just because it's YOUR post and YOUR opinion doesn't make it fair.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5