ID:838427

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
As it stands when a game does not have a hub, there is no way to save changes made to the skin in-game (such as adjusting a child), edit the skin, or even change it by replacing the skin file in the folder on your PC. With no hub, there is no skin folder for the game, and thus none of this is possible.

I have no problem with having to have a BYOND membership to have a hub, and I have no problem with some games being unable to have a hub, but being unable to do these things without one is so ridiculous that I almost posted this as a bug report.

All I'm requesting is that this either not depend on having a hub, or that there be a setting added that can be turned on for when you do not have a hub.

Either way, please change and/or improve this as soon as possible. It's just plain frustrating.
Setting to turn on? Why don't you just use a savefile and rebuild the skin's conditions procedurally?
That is not the intended design. Does it work if you supply a world.hub value that doesn't correspond to an actual hub? I forget if we validate but I'd think not given that this must work offline.
@Kaiochao: I considered that, but it seemed like a workaround at best.

@Tom: Thanks for the quick response, and that actually does seem to work. I assumed it had to communicate with the hub, so it hadn't crossed my mind to try that until you mentioned it.

Edit: During this I noticed that it didn't work if there is a : in the hub name. I'm guessing hubs might not allow : in their names, so its naturally an invalid usage, but figured it's worth noting in case that isn't intended.
You can't have characters like : in folder/file names in Windows systems. That might be why it didn't work.