In response to Shwb1
Actually it is possible to make a HUD input(as far as I heard) but still I doubt the dev team would put in a feature like this even if it wasnt possible since it be only useful to like 1 developer.
In response to Shwb1
anyways i dont see a reason NOT to add it, not like its going to harm anything,just makes it easier for people to code in stuff

also you last comment is invalid :PP
i didnt mean all of the keyboard keys go to one proc i mean like
    KeyPressed(key)
if(chatting == 1)
writeonscreen(message += "[key]")
else
..()
if(key == "f")
world << "IM FIRIN MAH LAZOR"
usr.Shoot(usr,usr.dir)

it makes it easier to make macros,makes it easier to do the scenario in my previous comment,and it probably makes it easier to do other stuff

bad things:none
good things:makes it easier to code in new stuff

my challenge to you: name 3 things that this will make worse,bad things(i really cant think of any O.o but conflicts with macros but ..() should fix that)
In response to Dj dovis
i mean without having to spend another year mastering 2 other languages

also how many people do you REALLY think wont use this? this make working with a keyboard over byond SOOOO much easier alot of newbies would use this too since this is easier then making script macros or interface macros + you have more ways to set it up making it more useful too
In response to Shwb1
There is already HUD input available on byond. Check the libaries.
In response to Shwb1
meh well i do think it would help people code, its up to tom if he thinks its useful he will ad it
In response to Shwb1
Shwb1 wrote:
meh well i do think it would help people code, its up to tom if he thinks its useful he will ad it

Shwb1, I requested something similar to this a few weeks ago. In the mean while(if they ever add it), you can use Forum_account's Keyboard library.
In response to Magnum2k
Magnum2k wrote:
Shwb1 wrote:

Shwb1, I requested something similar to this a few weeks ago. In the mean while(if they ever add it), you can use Forum_account's Keyboard library.

That library provides exactly what you're asking for except the procs are called key_up() and key_down(). It also provides the client.keys var which is a list that keeps track of the state of each key (whether it's being pressed or not).

The reason it doesn't make sense for BYOND to work this way is that games won't always need to have macros for every key. When you press a key that has a macro the client sends a message to the server. For most games, most keypresses will be ignored. If BYOND fired these events for every keypress it'd be wasteful.
Page: 1 2