ID:842202

Keywords: better, search
Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
When you search for games, you can only find games that are live or advertised. You can never find inactive games. Could we have an advanced search thing where you can look for 'all games' under your search term? I'm so tired of being unable to find games I used to play because it's not live or it isn't advertised.
The search should look for all games that are downloadable or have been hosted in the last month (or so, forget exactly).
It only shows ones that have been hosted recently or are currently being hosted. I know a few games I have downloaded and you can still download; they're not available for search though.
If those games have been listed (as original or fangames), then they should be searchable. Which games are a problem?
Tagging onto this, it's hard to find certain resources without knowing exactly what their name is. For example, if you search map instance, you'd want to get F_A's library but nothing shows up.
Yeah, that's just the case of the search engine not being too smart. We want to move to sphinx at some point, but that is going to take some work. Maybe we can find something simpler that at least handles partial searches better than mysql.

That said, if you just search for "map", you will get F_A's library as the #2 result.