ID:84623

Keywords: 3d, colt, gun, modeling
This is my first attempt at a gun, trying to build it high poly then bake it down for now.

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20091027/Gunsofar.PNG
That's pretty thug.
Nice. Way better than me at 3D models. I try to make my models low poly with detail,while keeping them at fairly low sizes.
I know I've must of asked you this before, but what is the name of the program you are using?

I think it's modo?

Haywire wrote:
I think it's modo?

Yep.
Pretty Neat.
Haywire wrote:
I think it's modo?

It's pretty obvious that it is. Also, pretty cool.

When I first saw this post, I thought it was going to be a shitty model, but I'm actually pretty impressed.

Here are some things you did miss with the model though.
- The muzzle of the Colt M1911 looks a bit different. Namely, the shape of the slide near the muzzle.
- The grip looks awkward because it's so rectangular around the edges. Also, the grip needs to be a little longer. (at least it looks like it needs to be longer from this angle)
- The forward iron sight doesn't match that of an M1911's, but that's just nitpicking.
- I think the ejection port is on the wrong side.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
When I first saw this post, I thought it was going to be a shitty model, but I'm actually pretty impressed.

- The muzzle of the Colt M1911 looks a bit different. Namely, the shape of the slide near the muzzle.
- The grip looks awkward because it's so rectangular around the edges. Also, the grip needs to be a little longer. (at least it looks like it needs to be longer from this angle)
- The forward iron sight doesn't match that of an M1911's, but that's just nitpicking.

Thanks for the critique, its not finished, but ill keep that in mind. Im almost finished smoothing it out. Next up im going to model out a D.Eagle.
Pmitch wrote:
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

Thanks for the critique, its not finished, but ill keep that in mind. Im almost finished smoothing it out. Next up im going to model out a D.Eagle.

Pmitch your Asian! To be exact, your an Indian, am I right?
What program are you using and where can I download?
Domnic wrote:
Pmitch wrote:
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

Pmitch your Asian! To be exact, your an Indian, am I right?

No, i'm black.

to Riku123q:

I used modo, which you can get from luxology.com
That's so sick.
Thanks. Nice Gun btw, but someone posted at the BAS. o.0
Nice.