ID:849876

Resolved
Calling winget(player, null, "panes") will retrieve a list of available panes just like "windows" will get a list of windows.
Applies to:DM Language

This issue has been resolved.
There is a way to get a list of windows, menus, and macros via winget(), but no such method for panes.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Calling winget(player, null, "panes") will retrieve a list of available panes just like "windows" will get a list of windows.
Could this possibly be expanded to controls as well? I hate looping through -every- control in a window, and THEN check for the control type that I need.
Possibly something like winget(player, null, "control=[type]").

Or, should I file a separate request, if one does not exist?
You can do that already via winget(player, "mywindow.*", "type").
Yeah, but that just returns that aforementioned list, in the form of params, of every control in the window.
mob/verb/test() world << winget(src, "mainwindow.*", "type")

mainwindow.type=MAIN;mainwindow.mainvsplit.type=CHILD;mainwindow.input.type=INPUT;mainwindow.button1.type=BUTTON;mainwindow.saybutton.type=BUTTON;mainwindow.label1.type=LABEL;mainwindow.macrobutton.type=BUTTON;mainwindow.hostb.type=BUTTON

In an interface heavy environment, that gets annoying.
But what's the difficulty in just running params2list() and then doing a quick loop to grab just the button controls? I realize it's more bandwidth but not a significant amount at all, and this shouldn't come up so frequently that it would impact performance.