ID:85089

This issue has been marked as a duplicate of id:85087
BYOND Version:455.1046
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0

This issue has been marked as a duplicate of id:85087
Descriptive Problem Summary:The client crashes every time I try and join an online game through a hub-entry.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:These are my steps.

1.Click the start menu button.
2.Click the internet explorer icon.
3.Wait for it to load then navigate to http://www.byond.com/
4.I logged in then clicked Rise of Heroes page.
5.I clicked join to try and join a live game, the program opens, I click the character I wish to login to, then the program crashes. As of the case with ROH Regenerated rather than the other one, it wont crash until you click OK to the dialog box.

I have observed that I can't play sound at all in my own projects or anything, so it maybe related to this change. I think possibly ROH Regernated does not play sound until you say OK to the dialog box that appears. I might test this later with the old client.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:There to be no crash, and there to be sound.

Actual Results:The client crashes, and no music is played.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?In version 454 that is not in beta.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

454 available from downloads page, the one not in beta.

Workarounds:Download and install the old byond version.

Another has been found, go to preferences and de-select download music and sound effects, and suddenly it crashes no longer, my best assumption is that something changed with sound stops it from working correctly anymore, at least by some bugs that have been observed relating directly to sound like sound not working in an otherwise blank project, which I made a post about as well.

If that one gets closed as fixed, then it is likely this is fixed too.