Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:853304

Not Feasible
Applies to:

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Having ability to show items on HUD and select from there something like this if possible.

Grid

*if possible, i am not forcing.
I'd like to set the framework up so people can easily add this type of interface to their game. In the next update I'll add the ability to filter certain abilities out of the menu so they're not displayed in the popup menu for the bar of hotkeys at the bottom of the screen. This way you can create an alternate interface like you have shown here so crafting abilities don't clutter the other menu.

I'd also like to add some procs that'll make it even easier to create on-screen interfaces but this probably won't for another version yet. Instead of providing every interface everyone might need, the framework will make it easy to create what you need - that way I don't have to add every feature that only 1% of games might use. It's also possible for any user to create this interface as a demo and make it available for other people to use in their games.
EOk, i might start with that but since i am not member i cant upload
Forum_account resolved issue (Not Feasible)
You can filter certain abilities from being displayed in the ability bar's popup menu. You can then create a custom interface that lists your crafting abilities. See demo\custom-hud.dm for an example of how to create a custom interface.