ID:85574

Not a bug
BYOND Version:457
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 7.0

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The turfs to create, load, and delete character files are not showing up on the map and is deleting the image in the area its supposed to be in

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Create the logon turfs(New,Load,Delete,etc...)
2.Create logon screen and turf
3.Go to map editor and place the turfs
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
turf
newchar
layer = 201
Click()
usr.newchar()
load
layer = 201
Click()
usr.load()
delete
layer = 201
Click()
usr.delete()
turf
LogonScreen1
icon = 'Logon1.bmp'
density = 1
layer = 200

Expected Results:
To be able to click the turf and be abe to create, load, or delete character
Actual Results:
Empty space appears that is unclickable
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?
Im earlier Byond updates but after trying to download an earlier update the problem still occured.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

There isn't enough info in your report to reproduce it. I have no copies of the graphics you're using or the map file. If you can send me a demo project, or the game source if you don't have a demo, I can take a look. You can send files to me at [email protected], in zipped form.

Based on what info I do have, there is a possibility this is not a bug. What it looks like to me is that you have Login1.bmp as your background screen (you can convert that to .png for a smaller file size BTW), and then you have three turfs on the map that are meant to be clickable for these various commands. However I don't see any icons defined for those turfs, which suggests to me the buttons you're using are part of the background image.

If this is the case, it is also crucial that you set mouse_opacity=2 for those turfs. If you click on any transparent item with mouse_opacity=1 (the default), the click will pass right through it to whatever is underneath. If setting mouse_opacity=2 for your button turfs solves the problem, then I think we can safely say there is no bug here.
I have the same problem with the new version. 2 turfs on top of each other cause the lower one to be deleted. My loginscreen stays intact but the create/load/delete buttons (turfs) are no longer there. There area where they're supposed to be in the map maker are grey indicating an empty space (colour changed from black to grey).
This is the same for any other turfs placed on top of each other.
Bjorn, that's not the same problem. The behavior you're describing is a deliberate change which was mentioned in the release notes.
setting the mouse_opacity to 2 made them clickable but the turf is still overlaping the logon turf and turning the area grey
I don't fully understand what you're saying. If you mean you're seeing a gray spot in the map editor that is normal behavior.
After compiling and runing the environment you see just grey area where the create load and delete turf are instead of being transparent.
You'll have to provide a demo for this problem then.
I got your demo files. The code you sent me did not have the newchar, load, and delete turfs added to your map so I did not see an issue as-is in the state you sent it to me. From there, I added those turfs to the map by selecting each one and using the Fill button, with Ctrl+Click-and-drag to fill in a rectangle of turfs covering each word. (Ctrl+Click is necessary to overlay the "buttons" on top of the background unless you changed this in Options | Click Behavior..., in which case a regular click will do.) By making that change, I was able to run your game and use those buttons without seeing any visual anomalies.

I think the only issues here were mouse_opacity=1 being on for those turfs, which you addressed by changing that to 2 in the files you sent me, and that you probably weren't familiar with the map editor's behavior change. With both of those accounted for I can see what appears to be the intended behavior.
Im getting same problem he has any pointers on how to fix?
Natojames, this bug was closed quite a while ago as a non-issue. I recommend taking your question to the developer forums.
Well it happened when i remoed the map_format=TILED or w.e but i had to remove that to make my big icon show=/
Your login screen is probably still setup to use the old tiled format, hence the problem. Edit your map accordingly.
So basically delete them then re add? (p.s working on my first game from scratch!)
I Re Added still didnt work =/Also i can add the New And Load turfs on onther parts of the map but the title screen =/
Guess no solution >.<
There is definitely a way for your buttons to work, but people will need more info to help you. At any rate this is not a bug, and should be taken to the developer forums where you can get proper help with the issue.
THe only reason i deleted world/map_format=TILED_ICON_MAP
was so my big icon wll show >.<
This is fundamentally an issue with your map. It's a developer problem and needs to be resolved in the developer forums.
Nvm ill just give up on it i dont really feel like doing all that and waiting on a reply.