ID:85759

BYOND Version:458
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 3.0.15

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary: After updating to the newest version of BYOND my DM crashes when i change between different Z levels.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Have byond's version 454.1036 installed
2. upgrade to the newest version 458.1050
3. Compile your world(source code from old version) with respective changes
4. result in DM freezing while attemting to change between Z levels.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
#if DM_VERSION >= 455
world/map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP
#endif

Expected Results:
A smooth and working map
Actual Results:
DM freezing between switching trough Z levels of the world map.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
No
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
Not tested

When does the problem NOT occur?
It didn't occur when i tryed another game source, which lead me to believeing that the reason for its bad functionality might be me attempting to load the map before making the changes with adding the line to the source.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
downgrading to the earlyest of 455 versions and using the #if DM_VERSION >= 455. made the freezing go away.

Workarounds:
Be sure to add the needed fix (addon) to your source code before attempting to load the map.
Your report isn't very helpful. Relevant code wouldn't be what you posted at all; post the code you're using when "attemting to change between Z levels," since that is what is causing your crash.
If you can send me your source in a .zip at [email protected], I can check it out and try to find the problem.
I have had a similar issue to this with the map editor freezing when changing between Z levels.

I think it is somehow related to the new icon format, and big maps (I was using 1000x1000 and it was taking a good 10+ seconds to change Z levels, where with previous versions it would take less than 1-2 seconds).