Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:857829

in version 10, i would like to see the party feature but in this version clicking a mob does not seen to add a party member.

how to organize the ability menu. i would like to add shoot arrow to the top of the ability list. how to add an ability to a second row? i see no example in the game demo about those things.
Kalster wrote:
in version 10, i would like to see the party feature but in this version clicking a mob does not seen to add a party member.

There may have been a bug with that. In the code try setting Party/size_limit = 5.

how to organize the ability menu. i would like to add shoot arrow to the top of the ability list. how to add an ability to a second row? i see no example in the game demo about those things.

The second row is naturally formed if you have more abilities than the AbilityMenu/size var. The abilities are listed in the order they were given, so if you change the code in demo\mobs.dm that adds the abilities you can change what order they appear in.
|M|C|M|M
|X|C|
|S|D|
|X|C|
|X|C|X|X|X

the problem with the way the abilities are ordered is that there is no way to add an ability to a particular row.

in the diagram, i would like to organize "M" for magic and "S" for shoot arrow. as the ability rows are created now, it makes it very difficult to organize the slots in that way. in the game, for example, the usr gets a stronger arrow, how would i add that ability to "D". i would like to create an ability at "D" without creating "C" to get to "D".

It only shows multiple columns because it's likely that people will give players enough abilities that a single column wouldn't fit on the screen. If you want to structure the display differently, you can write your own object to replace the AbilityMenu object that the library uses.
I think that you misunderstood my post. I am saying that multiple columns are needed but they should be independent of the rows. for example, row two could have 4 slots, each slot containing a different spell, while row 1 only has a sword and no other slot for that row.
I know what you're asking for but that's just not what the framework provides. If you want to arrange abilities like that you'll have to build your own menu or modify the one provided by the library.