ID:858191

Resolved
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
So... Simple request. The new tab feature? Make a toggle on/off for it in preferences that makes it go back to how it use to be, please. I thought there was one, and maybe there is, but the only thing I can find is related to showing/hiding tabs in coding. Not the actual code window tabs.

I'm glad this was added because I know some people really wanted it, but I'm not currently interested in using it; I dislike having to close a bunch of tab windows. I'm sure plenty of people would agree that this is best as an optional feature.
Yeah same here it gets hard as all the tabs get stacked.
Even without tabs, you should still be manually closing the files you open, flipping to another file doesn't close the file you just had open. Everything in that 'Windows' menu is still open in memory, having a ton of giant code or icon files open is gonna eat memory regardless of if you see which ones are open in tabs or not.
Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with the suggestion to toggle it -- I was simply noting that you should be closing your files either way.
What they could do is allow middle-clicking. Sort of like how Firefox handles links; a left-click opens the link in the current tab while a middle-click opens it in a new one. Instead of links you'd be clicking the files in the file tree.
I added the toggle and a few other things for the next update.
In response to Tom
Ah, fantastic. I'm glad this will be in. Thanks for getting to it so quickly.
Tom resolved issue