Epic

by Yut Put
Epic
Explore epic dungeons and slay epic foes with your friends in a huge, epic fantasy action RPG world.
ID:858243

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
hello epic game maker,

i really like your game, i am trying to learn how to write my own hack and slash game,

can you add an active block and and active dodge buttons to your game? is this easy to do in this game language?

i do not mean a diable 3 passive block and dodge, i mean like witcher 2 or vindictus block and dodge where you have to press teh button in time to move or block and attack

thank you for cool game,
bcruz111
Bcruz111 wrote:
hello epic game maker,

i really like your game, i am trying to learn how to write my own hack and slash game,

can you add an active block and and active dodge buttons to your game? is this easy to do in this game language?

i do not mean a diable 3 passive block and dodge, i mean like witcher 2 or vindictus block and dodge where you have to press teh button in time to move or block and attack

thank you for cool game,
bcruz111

You can already block if you have a shield equipped.
You sound like you play a lot of games! That's a really great thing for a game designer, I can tell you'd have an upper hand at it.

As for guarding, if you equip a shield and hold the key it's assigned to you can guard incoming attacks and stun your opponents. You can also shield bash. Greatswords are also capable of shielding, but they have low defense and can't shield bash.

Guarding with shields and greatswords doesn't block projectiles, though. That's what energy waves are for. I'm pretty sure energy waves also reflect projectiles, making them also effective counter-attacks against mages and archers.

Dodging actively hasn't been considered yet, possibly because players can already dodge projectiles and melee attacks in real-time. I'd have to think of something clever and intuitive that fits into the control scheme for this to be done.