Keywords: find, fixedsys, memory
Resolved
BYOND Version:496.1142
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 20.0.1132.47
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Hazordhu's a pretty big project with a lot of files.
Trying to Ctrl+F something disables Dream Maker.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open up my huge-arse source.
2. Hit Ctrl+F, type in something that is definitely not in the source. For example, I Ctrl+F'd "penis".
3. Change it to something other than "This file".

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem: n/a

Expected Results:
Find stuff like pre-496.

Actual Results:
Dream Maker opens up a lot of tabs that all have a font like Fixedsys or something. I can't interact with the tabs, or with Dream Maker. It's not unresponsive, but the whole window is just disabled. And of course, I get an alert that says, "Your computer is low on memory."

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? evrtim
In other games? n/a
In other user accounts? sure
On other computers? yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Probably when searching for very common words, or something in the current file.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? I noticed the Fixedsys-font tabs opening up for searches ever since the first 496 build with tabs, I think.

Workarounds:
Don't use Ctrl+F for specific things in multiple files in big projects, I guess.
By the way, it turns the text bold when you search now things and you have the windows turned off.
Tom resolved issue
We were making a lot of assumptions in this code I wrote in 1995, and moving to this new display was more problematic than I anticipated. Sorry about that. Let me know if this doesn't fix the issue.
In response to Tom
Thanks! Now I know for sure that there's no "penis" in my source.