ID:861166

Keywords: order, rearrange, tabs
Resolved
Tabs in DreamMaker can now be reordered by dragging them with the mouse.
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Well, now that everyone is on the subject of tabs, I thought I would suggest being able to rearrange them. The idea is simple. You can click and drag a tab to another place, before or after other tabs, to reorder it. This would affect both the position of the tabs above the main pane, and the numbered order of them in the "Window" menu.

I don't really know how feasible this would be to implement, but if possible, I would suggest it be done at some point. I have always liked how I can rearrange the tabs in browser windows, so I'm sure it could be useful in Dream Maker.

Let me know if this can be done.
I had actually assumed this was default behavior since I'm used to using Notepad++ and being able to rearrange tabs is helpful. Definitely would love to see this.
I'm not sure about the "Window" menu being reordered (I rather like it being in alphabetical order), but I am all for rearranging the tabs themselves.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
I'm not sure about the "Window" menu being reordered (I rather like it being in alphabetical order), but I am all for rearranging the tabs themselves.

The tabs listed in the "Window" menu don't seem to be in alphabetical order at all. I don't know where you got that from. Currently, they are listed in the order you clicked on them, just like the window tabs themselves.
Ah, my apologies. I misunderstood you and thought you meant the File tree.
This would be super helpful, along with maybe a few ways to sort tabs. eg: alphabetical, order opened, file type.
It would be amazing to be able to rearrange tabs in Dream Maker. As it is, it's really hard to work with my OCD if I cannot organize them.
This is definitely a feature that would make tabs better, they're a bit troublesome right now as I'm constantly looking over all of them to find the tab I need, I have a bad memory. If you're working on a particular feature, being able to open the tab in the expected location simplifies things. As it stands, I'm finding the tree system to be easier in this respect.
Tom resolved issue with message:
Tabs in DreamMaker can now be reordered by dragging them with the mouse.
Thank you Tom!