ID:86488

BYOND Version:459
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 4.0.249.11
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
In windows 7 whenever I use the "Show desktop" button, it automatically downsizes my BYOND client and never reappears until I close it and open it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open BYOND client
2. Use "Show desktop" button with pager open.
3. Try bringing up the client but you see the window is invisible. Right click it and use the "Move" feature to verify that it still is on the screen.

Expected Results:
Client to show fine despite if I use the "Show desktop" button.

Actual Results:
BYOND client is never to be seen again if you use the "Show desktop" button until you close it completely and reopen it.

Does the problem occur:
Every time I use my Show desktop button.
Would happen on other computers, but I'm the only one in the house with Windows 7 that actually uses BYOND.

When does the problem NOT occur:
When I don't use the "Show desktop" button, but I cant be bothered to minimize every window separately.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions?
Most likely would still happen, cant download them since I'm currently working on something.

Workarounds:
1. Exit BYOND and reopen. OR
2. Don't use "Show desktop" button.
This can't be confirmed on Windows Vista, and all it does is minimize all the windows, which will put the icon back to the tray, so, I don't see why it would mess up at all.

Of course, re-clicking it will yield no byond window on top, but that is because it was as if you had minimized it, and now it's back in the tray.
Superbike32 wrote:
This can't be confirmed on Windows Vista, and all it does is minimize all the windows, which will put the icon back to the tray, so, I don't see why it would mess up at all.

Of course, re-clicking it will yield no byond window on top, but that is because it was as if you had minimized it, and now it's back in the tray.

I specifically put Windows 7 because its the one that has the problem of never being seen again. :P
Well, I had Windows 7 installed for a while, and used that button, and still had no issue, is there anything special about your computer that may cause issue, like dual monitor, etc... that we need to be aware of?
I'm having the same problem, but I see it with other apps too. I can restore BYOND by double-clicking on it in the system-tray a few times. Seems like a pretty odd bug; I'll see what I can dig up.
When this happens to me: I just click on BYOND in the dock to close the window; then double click on BYOND in the notification area.
Tom changed status to 'Deferred'