Turn Based System Framework (Library)

by Albro1
A turn-based system manager. Add-ons contribute to the framework aspect.
In response to Forum_account
Thanks for the suggestion! That was a quick fix, so I did it just now. It'll be in the next update. I kept the map_info object so players can name their own battle maps for easier reference, but locations are now found with side_one and side_two objects and mobs automatically face each other. It does not matter if you put an over-abundance of side_one and side_two objects, they will be filled as much as they can.
Been on a little bit of a developmental hiatus with this, but hopefully I'll have something out for you guys very soon. I was contemplating how I should cover HUD support without it being HUD control - since this resource functions more like a library while addons are the frameworks.

Backgrounds for menus could be icons, or in my case with Nightmare, images. This is making me a little reluctant to add support for the backgrounds, since all you really need to do is show and remove them when necessary.

I've got selections covered, though. You can have as many selections as you wish, controlled with hud_selection(/HudObject's) datums. These are held by battle_hud(/HudGroup's) datums that have some customize-able variables:
columns - Numerical value representing how many columns the selections have
slots - Numerical value representing how many selections are visible at one time
selection_type - Bit value defined with the new CLICK and KEY constants. You can binary OR them together to use both. As you can probably guess, CLICK allows selections to be clicked and KEY allows them to be activated via a key, "return" by default.
selection_key - "return" by default. When you press this key, it calls selected() with the current /hud_selection as an argument.

The rest is handled by the datum. I'm not going to go through a full documentation here, I'll have that done very soon in the library itself. I'm going to do a little more and do some bug testing before releasing this version. Due to my hiatus I'm most likely going to release this HUD support before creating a readme so that people can take advantage of the easier HUDs if they have bothered learning the library's layout already.
Alright, updated it with the new HUD support. I'll be working on the readme now. For now make sure the read updates.dm to see what I did and how to use the new HUD system!
Sorry about the update spams, I just had a few things I didn't catch. This last one was an issue with the selections not deleting properly when just doing del battle_hud.
Did a new update. Not very much changed, mainly a few small optimizations and glitch fixes.
Is it possible to add an action-platformer-based map engine to it, so that enemies and players are sent to a turn-based battleground?
I'm not quite sure I understand your question. This system allows you to be pretty flexible with how your battlegrounds are set up.

As a side note, my current project is going to have a turn based system in it, so I may revisit and revamp this system. I'll likely make a new hub though, so I don't break any games that people may be working on with this system.
fix this
Page: 1 2