I know but most vms are not very space friendly. Also I dont own any windows disks at all and dont have the money to go hunt one down in bestbuy.
Well, that's unfortunate, of course, but that doesn't make it any less the best bet I'm afraid.
Wine should work just fine if you install all the extra stuff to run byond. otherwise you could do the same with playonlinux (which is just a wine wrapper)
Install mfc42, vcrun6 and wsh56 (there are two versions, the jscript and vb version, so I just installed both plus wsh57 to be safe) using winetricks (playonlinux would also work, but while it makes it a little bit easier it's not really necessary for byond)

To install the required libraries using winetricks just click the unity button and type winetricks to run it (after you've installed it if it isn't installed already), then

(you'll need to click Ok after each option)
click select the default wine prefix.
click install a windows component or DLL (should say something like that)

Select those libraries by clicking to check mark them, then click ok when you have all 3 (or 5, like I did), install them all (though you'll need to agree to each of the terms and conditions as they come up for all of them to install).

you can install byond before or after by clicking the EXE file after you download it.
what do you do to improve the framerate? Disabling sounds isn't helping.
In response to Jfmherokiller
Jfmherokiller wrote:
And a mysql client does exist for Linux its called phpmyadmin.

sudo apt-get install mysql-client

Page: 1 2