ID:866825

I started Space Station 13 in 2011 in the top server, Goon Station, ofcourse, I was confused, and at the same time I felt that there was a disgrace aura going around the game. Most of the game's community came from 4chan, a rather immature "wanted to be an imageboard, but became a trolling site" site.
Later on, I discovered that it's not about the game, but it's about the server, after that, I went to several servers that were hosted by /tg/station.
As every new person does, I went to the wiki and searched BYOND and found this:

"BYOND
The shitty, laggy platform SS13 was coded on. You need it to be able to play the game, unfortunately."

In the page called Terminology, I felt the urge to say that if you do not like BYOND, you should try and learn a new language instead of ranting.

I'm also getting hit by a laser beam of wondering of why BYOND is still supporting Space Station 13, I would LOVE to see them panic when they don't see anything to host their game on.
I also found out more insults, rather than actually quoting some, I'm going to quote the whole page:

"That effect which results in a notable discrepancy between the clocks in the game and the clocks in real life with a diminished or lacking effect on everything else. This is due to the fact that many timers in the game rely on BYOND rather than actual time due to coder laziness. The shuttle timers are exempt from this effect. Disregard, BYOND sucks cocks."
Sorry for triple posting, but this is so intimidating, here is the page:

http://nanotrasen.com/wiki/index.php/Lagtime
BYOND is just the toolkit to make the games. We "promote" games that are original and have a lot of fans just by putting them up in the game section, but that's about it. In fact, we hope more games go the route of trying to promote themselves (SS13 has done this to some degree).

But I do agree with this:

I felt the urge to say that if you do not like BYOND, you should try and learn a new language instead of ranting.
But in that case, you are saying that you promote a game that does not promote you to promote their self.
BYOND can't control what other people say .. or post/put on other websites.

There are tons of BYOND sucks posts on different forums..

Some explain why so just slander it..
What really really really made me mad is saying: "Disregard, BYOND sucks cocks".
We're not going to go through and collect the opinions of everyone who has ever played a BYOND game and force them to appreciate the software. The fact is that people write and play BYOND games so indirectly they support the software. I suspect that the majority of players actually do like BYOND (or else they wouldn't spend so much time on it), but unfortunately the most negative people are always the ones to speak up. Anyway, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and I suggest you don't either.
In response to Needicla
Needicla wrote:
What really really really made me mad is saying: "Disregard, BYOND sucks cocks".

It's just an opinion from someone, BYOND losing one member isn't going to do much.

Sometimes BYOND does suck it doesn't do what I want it to do..
If BYOND sucks and doesn't do what you want to do, then find a language that can do what you want to do.

Also, that's a whole server, (equal to 200 players) agreeing that BYOND sucks.
Since Tom is reading .. it doesn't support DMCGI anymore and it makes me sad so it sucks.
Then find a language that supports DMCGI.
In response to Needicla
Needicla wrote:
If BYOND sucks and doesn't do what you want to do, then find a language that can do what you want to do.

Also, that's a whole server, (equal to 200 players) agreeing that BYOND sucks.

That's a Wiki? anyone can edit it..

It sucks it stop supporting a great feature but I still love it..
In response to Needicla
Needicla wrote:
Then find a language that supports DMCGI.

lol DM (Dream Maker) CGI

It's BYOND's web based language.
No, I've been went to the server, I said on OOC: I love BYOND

and I got perm ban.
Just ignore that. People are prone to jumping on bandwagons. It's why people who don't even listen to Lil Wayne claim he's the "greatest rapper alive". It's why people say Justin Bieber is gay. All it takes is for one person to say something and then a bunch of idiots will start repeating it. There are people who don't even come to BYOND that will run off at the mouth saying it's a crappy engine.

Also, SS13's community is pretty terrible and now that I know they came from 4chan, it explains a lot. The game itself is decent but the people running and playing the game are just as dumb as the kids playing Dragon Ball rips.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Just ignore that. People are prone to jumping on bandwagons. It's why people who don't even listen to Lil Wayne claim he's the "greatest rapper alive". It's why people say Justin Bieber is gay. All it takes is for one person to say something and then a bunch of idiots will start repeating it.

Also, SS13's community is pretty terrible and now that I know where they came from 4chan, it explains a lot. The game itself is decent but the people running and playing the game are just as dumb as the kids playing Dragon Ball rips.

I highly support you, the game is actually pretty fun but the community is a bunch of brats.
On average they probably ban a player every 2 minutes..
Yes, and for dumb reasons.
I have been banned once for saying that someone is immature.
All in all they are just a bunch of kids that have power .. and troll..

Honestly don't let it bother you find something better to play.

Alchemist
Eternia
Feed

and more..
Page: 1 2